The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 02:53:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMF Patch, Unread Post Problem  (Read 12994 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:44:41 PM »

This is just here for me, no need to respond. I just don't wanna forget how & what!

Line 625/Recent.php: returns NULL if no entries in mark_read - causes a zipper for 2 sqls later in the routine that look for all unread posts. Added:

if (!$earliest_msg) { $earliest_msg = 1; }

right after the list($earliest_msg) = mysql_fetch_row($request) line - so that if there's nothing then a new user will show ALL posts as unread until explicitly marked.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »

and this post is just here for me.

plus i wanted to reply as soon as i read there was no need to reply

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:47:22 PM »

Bompa. Figgerd.  ROFLMAO

Hope you're well all the way over there on that side of the world my friend.

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 11:53:40 PM »

I wrote that cryptically because I din't think that anyone else would be reading it... but now that it's public (or at least in this protected board) then if you're interested in WTF I was talking about then gimmee a shout.

That's what I posted about @ syndk8.

/perk

KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:11:29 AM »

The Kaptain is late but he too wants to reply to the thread there is no need to reply to.  Consider this a reply. 

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
SEOidiot
Journeyman

^ Hes a pint sized Ned Flanders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

Im actually replying on topic (first for everything i know)

Thanks for that Perk applied to Affearners too now.

Paul

<mango>Yummmmmmmmmmmmm</mango>
<pie>ewwwwwwwwwww</pie>
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:08 PM »

Hey Paul - the way I tested this was simply to create a fresh user then show all unread. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not... and then SMF having left a session cookie on my machine made it even worse... and then having 2 different "abandoned" session cookies on two different machines made it so that I'd see different unread on each. It was awful.

Posted all of this at SMF and haven't even had a single response. Don't like them much over there...

I am right now in the middle of creating my first theme for a very specific site, my breast cancer foundation here in Phoenix. When I get it running I'll post the URL as well as document a bit of how I did it and where the rough spots are.

/p

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »

UPDATE:

In the code at the top, it assumes that there actually IS a post with the ID of 1 in your system... if you've deleted it, this updated will not work. You must get the MIN(MSG_ID) from your smf_messages table and set the value to that.

/p

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript