The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 06:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking back in time ... footprints on the moon  (Read 2301 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:19:15 PM »

Call me silly, but I think this is about as cool as it gets.

On a windless moon, footprints and surface disruptions will stay forever, or at least until something comes along and disturbs it again. Meanwhile, as optics have improved, we can now look at the surface with almost the same clarity as the NSA is watching you and I, right now.

So PopSci published these pictures, showing a landing zone and the actual tracks of Alan Bean and Pete Conrad. Frickin' awesome.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-09/new-nasa-photos-show-footprints-moon

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »

But how can that be?  I mean, the moon landings took place on a sound stage, or out in the middle of the desert, or whatever conspiracy theory would have you believe.... right?

ROFLMAO
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »

But how can that be?  I mean, the moon landings took place on a sound stage, or out in the middle of the desert, or whatever conspiracy theory would have you believe.... right?

ROFLMAO
By the way, Mythbusters have awesome episode where they replicate the shots from the moon landing and test if they are legit. They test all the lightning etc. stuff. It's a fun episode, highly recommended Smiley Sorry, can't remember which season and which episode but it's one of the later season and shouldn't be too hard to search for.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

IT'S A SHOP!!!!

You can see the stage lights.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

I dont see any footprints Sad

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »

Theyre the little spidery lines - it's where they disturbed the surface and made little trails. So, fair enough it's trails, not footprints.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »

By the way, Mythbusters have awesome episode where they replicate the shots from the moon landing and test if they are legit. They test all the lightning etc. stuff. It's a fun episode, highly recommended Smiley Sorry, can't remember which season and which episode but it's one of the later season and shouldn't be too hard to search for.
Yeah, saw that one a couple of years back, it was a good one.

For the record, I am NOT a conspiracy theorist and of course I believe that we did, indeed, go to the moon multiple times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript