The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 15, 2019, 06:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 191
1  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / Side splittingly funny... on: November 14, 2012, 09:53:53 AM
XKCD: Us Space Team's Up Goer Five
2  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / Re: If you played games on an Apple II... on: November 13, 2012, 10:30:52 AM
Yep, now I remember! That green command quadrant block refreshed my memory.
3  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / Re: If you played games on an Apple II... on: November 13, 2012, 09:31:51 AM
I remember your flicker-free cross-hair and although a text-only Star Trek doesn't ring a bell, I remember playing Zork which was a text-only adventure game. Then of course came the Wizard and the Princess, Ultima I, II, xxx, and of course  Oregon Trail.

When Karateka arrived, I thought we hit a plateau of gaming excellence  D'oh!
4  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / If you played games on an Apple II... on: November 12, 2012, 04:47:49 PM
... then this should seem familiar: Empire I: World Builders. The "sound effects" at around 2:15 are hilarious  ROFLMAO
5  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / Re: Unleashing the Nexus 7! on: July 25, 2012, 07:33:11 AM
I'm not sure if it sucks or not. Actually at $199, I'm tempted to get a handy "reader" myself. I'd feel less horrible if it fell and broke sometime. But it seems the packaging design and/or production lines have some challenges. I thought it was just funny to hear everyone go from excited to trying to hide their frustrations opening them up Smiley
6  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / freemem() & Garbage Collection / Unleashing the Nexus 7! on: July 20, 2012, 07:53:41 PM
D'oh!
7  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things *nix / Re: Hosting: RackSpace Cloud Sites on: March 21, 2012, 12:09:02 AM
Explain us and we'll forget that you're just a bot  Police
8  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things General Tech / Re: London Stock Exchange switches to GNU/Linux on: March 17, 2012, 04:25:14 PM
Awesome! Skype with video works ok, but voice only is clear.
9  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things General Tech / Re: London Stock Exchange switches to GNU/Linux on: March 17, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
Hope if you got the 4g that Arizona will pony up some service for ya. I can browse the Internet and code to the cloud on a train from San Francisco to San Jose with decent performance. Video is still challenging and the hiccups are more frustrating than it's worth, but occasional saves to a PaaS works beautifully. 

Two nice cloud services you may have heard of, but if not might want to check out:

Evernote
Dropbox

Evernote is an organizational life saver and both have free plans. Dropbox finally delivered what we've always wanted: drop it in a folder (right in Explorer, not sure how Mac works), it's backed up and available from anywhere instantly  Nerd
10  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things General Tech / Re: London Stock Exchange switches to GNU/Linux on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:41 PM
This was the first cache email I've received in a long time. It's a great reminder to check in Wink

Speaking of segues, we saw We Need to Talk About Kevin last night. Feel good movie of the winter 
11  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things General Tech / Re: London Stock Exchange switches to GNU/Linux on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:01 PM
Shameless 'Bot Why do they simply refuse to form complete sentences?  ROFLMAO
12  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things Microsoft / Re: Microsoft says farewell to IE6, the world rejoices. on: January 13, 2012, 11:15:15 AM
Looks like the son/daughter of Pat from SNL.
13  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things Apple / Re: Armed Teenagers Scoff Apple Goodies in Scottsdale on: January 12, 2012, 02:25:33 PM
I hadn't heard that one ... wow even in the world of stupidity, that's pretty impressive.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172224/burglar_checks_facebook_during_raid_gets_busted.html

14  Level 2 Cache: Speciality Items / JavaScript / Re: JavaScript/jQuery time on: January 12, 2012, 02:23:15 PM
ITTO - I forgot one of my other books - it was at my bedside when I posted so I didn't see it. jQuery Reference Guide from PACKT. It's just a little behind the times because it's a version back, but the selector stuff particularly I use.

Cool - thx! I just got In Action, along with a bucket of other books, so my queue is full ATM.
15  Level 1 Cache: General Discussion / All Things Microsoft / Re: Microsoft says farewell to IE6, the world rejoices. on: January 12, 2012, 02:20:40 PM
 Applause

Enter IE8 and XP as the next compatibility nightmare holdouts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 191
Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript