The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 21, 2019, 06:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusable dropdown menus in 0.5d  (Read 4085 times)
HippoMan
n00b

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »

I'm using phpMyIDE version 0.5d with PHP 5.2.6 running under Linux. I also am running phpMyAdmin version 3.1.2. I've been using this version of phpMyAdmin for quite a while with no problems. Lately, I've been using a Mac, and I use Firefox to access the web.

I installed phpMyIDE today, and the buildsql.php and testinstall.php scripts ran fine. I then went to the phpMyIDE instance in my browser and it output the following message in my Firefox browser:

Redirecting... (error: Error: Permission denied to get property Window.document

When I click OK, it redirects me to my phpMyAdmin instance. I know from reading here that I am now supposed to log in to phpMyAdmin. However, if I am already logged in there, I apparently have to log out and log back in. So I do that and re-enter the URL for my phpMyIDE instance. This time, it does keep me within the phpMyIDE application, but all the drop-down menus are useless. I just see one line for each one, and there is no arrow key or any other indicator I can click on to pop up these menus, so I can see all the options.

One of these one-line menus lists the databases, while another seems to have something to do with Preferences.  The only way I can sort-of scroll through these one-line menus is to type a portion of the text in the menu. For the list of databases, I can do that, because I know the database names. But for the other menu, the one that seems to have something to do with Preferences, I have no idea what I'm supposed to see, and therefore, I don't know what to type in order to navigate.

And in any case, even when I scroll through the databases menu, I can't cause myPhpIDE to do anything. In other words, it shows an empty window and I can't access the database or do anything else.

I tried running this under Opera, and I see the same symptoms, except for the fact that the initial redirect to phpMyAdmin takes place without the alert box popping up.  I tried under Safari, and I get the same behavior as I get under Opera.

So what am I doing wrong? I see that other people are able to make use of phpMyIDE, and so I'm guessing that there's something about my own setup of it which might be causing these problems. Since I see them under Firefox, Opera, and Safari, I doubt that they are browser-specific, although perhaps this is Mac-related ... ???

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions or help you can offer.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:11:38 AM by HippoMan » Logged

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »

Clearly a security problem, but the extent to which I am not sure.

Please post your config file here (munge username/password and such) so that I can take a look.

The first issue sounds like a X-domain issue. The second, though, sounds as though phpMyIDE is not hooking up to the database correctly, or there's something weird about the permissions for the user you are hooking up as. Since you can see databases but not tables (when you click on a DB you should see all the tables for that DB in the database explorer) something is just not working yet.

If you could run the testinstall.php and post the results of that as well that'd be great.

Thanks!

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Denis
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:34:49 AM »

Have same problems with "Redirecting... (error: Error: Permission denied to get property Window.document"
after removing URL to phpmyadmin from config I'm able to open phpMyIDE
Code: (testinstall.php)
Testing Includes
OK
Testing: config.php
OK
Testing: source/class.dbconnection.php
OK
Testing: source/class.webrequest2.php
Testing Functions
OK
Testing: json_encode
OK
Testing: json_decode
OK
Testing: mysql_connect
OK
Testing: mysqli_connect
Testing Prompt Handler
OK
Testing: Connection
Testing Connections
OK
Testing: Writeable current-connection
OK
Testing: Primary Connection
Testing Privileges
Testing: Primary Connection
OK
show procedure status
OK
drop procedure
OK
create procedure

Code: (config.php)
<?php                           

// These parameters are what configure the entirety of phpMyIDE.
// You may move this file to .config.php if you prefer.         

/*
        $siteHost
        This variable is the domain of where <this> instance of phpMyIDE is 
        to be found via a browser. It needs to be a completely qualified domain,
        but nothing else. For example, if you want to go to                     
                http://www.mydomain.com/phpmyide/                               
        for this instance, then the $siteHost variable would be "www.mydomain.com"
*/                                                                                
$siteHost 'myide.domain.by';                                                  

/*
        $siteURL
        This variable is the URL path of where a browser will find <this>
        instance of phpMyIDE. If you want to access phpMyIDE with the URL:
                http://www.mydomain.com/phpmyide/                         
        then the $siteURL variable should be '/phpmyide/'. If you are pointing
        to the root of a domain like this:                                    
                http://www.mydomain.com/                                      
        then the $siteURL variable should simply be '/'                       
*/                                                                            
$siteURL '/';                                                               

/* 
        $sitePort
        This variable should, in most instances, be left alone since more webservers
        server web pages on port 80. If, however, you want to access phpMyIDE on another
        port, then A) you know what the port number is and B) you'll know why to        
        change this. Again, in most circumstances this should be left alone.            
*/                                                                                      
$sitePort 80;                                                                         

/*
        $ajaxLog
        If this variable is set to true the a tab will show up in the bottom area 
        of the IDE called "Ajax Log" - this will display a verbose log of all     
        AJAX communications with the server for debugging. In most curcimstances, 
        this should be left as false for efficiency.                              
*/                                                                                
$ajaxLog false;                                                                 

/*
        $pmiDatabase
        $pmiPrefix  
        This variable is the database where phpMyIDE can find it's own tables. 
        It can be any database, at all, and in the default configuration phpMyIDE
        expects its own database. If you are using an existing database, then you
        should set the $pmiPrefix variable to something like 'pmi_' so that tables
        made for phpMyIDE will be separate from other tables in your database. In 
        the default configuration, phpMyIDE expects a database "phpmyide" and no  
        prefix for the table names.                                               
*/                                                                                
$pmiDatabase 'phptest';                                                         
$pmiPrefix 'ide_';                                                              

/* 
        Connections
        The $connections array contains all the information phpMyIDE needs to 
        connect to databases and load up phpMyAdmin for you in the correct pane.
        Add connections by creating another block of code like the one below,   
        from the $ptr++ line to the // ====== // line.                          

['name']                This is the caption for the connection. It shows up at the top right
                                        corner of the IDE as well as when you type "show connections"
        ['host']                This is the host address or name where the MySQL instance you are    
                                        connecting to is. In most cases you will connect to 127.0.0.1
                                        (the local machine) for your primary connection.             
        ['user']                This is your user name for MySQL login.                              
        ['password']    This is your MySQL password                                                  
        ['rootdb']              This is a database at <this MySQL instance> that you should          
                                        have pretty full privileges. This is the database that will be
                                        used for testing the connection and privileges.
        ['phpmyadmin']  This is the full URL pointing to a phpMyAdmin instance for <this>
                                        connection. It will be iFramed in a tab at the bottom of the IDE
                                        and change as you change connections automatically.
        ['authname']    If your web server has a authentication scheme then you'll need
        ['authpass']    to fill these two fields in. In most cases, or if you don't know
                                        what I'm talking about then DONT FILL THEM IN. If, when you go
                                        to connection to phpMyIDE you get a Windows or Mac dialog message
                                        that asks you for your username and password, then these fields
                                        must be filled in for the IDE to work correctly. This will only
                                        present itself as a problem if you run a long command from the
                                        command prompt like, "select * from atable." The testinstall.php
                                        script will let you know if this is set up correctly.

An important thing to note is that the zeroth connection [0] is very important
        to phpMyIDE. It's the place where the app will expect to find the tables that
        phpMyIDE uses.
*/

$ptr = -1// Leave this alone

$ptr++;
$connections[$ptr]['name'] = 'Primary Connection';
$connections[$ptr]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$connections[$ptr]['user'] = 'root';
$connections[$ptr]['password'] = '123';
$connections[$ptr]['rootdb'] = 'phptest';
$connections[$ptr]['phpmyadmin'] = '';
$connections[$ptr]['authname'] = 'root';
$connections[$ptr]['authpass'] = '123';
// ==================================== //

/* Don't touch this one either... */
$GLOBALS['pmiDBPrefix'] = $pmiDBPrefix "$pmiDatabase.$pmiPrefix";

?>

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »

This is bigger than I have time for at the moment, gonna have to wait till either later tonight or tomorrow lads, sorry.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
makaveiljojo
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »

Happens to see this thread and felt so interested in this topic. This came to be a serious problem, I ever considered this to be something wrong with the dropdown list control and though it would be fixed via some dropdown list guide, but since you changed your browser for several time and the question still unsolved, it is hard to give a good judgement on where is wrong, let alone the good solution to the problem.

*nice try
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:00:08 PM by Bompa » Logged
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:59 AM »

Um, yeah.

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »

Nice try Maka dude any more links = ban, otherwise you are welcome here

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »

Good catch Bomps, I originally viewed it on my iPad and didn't see them. Nice one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript