The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 02:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Query results not showing  (Read 3554 times)
AngloSaxon
n00b

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 04:37:36 AM »

First of all, many thanks for creating a great tool. I think the time and effort needed deserves some appreciation  Applause

I am running 5.0d through Iceweasel on a Linux box with PHP 5.2.6. Problem is, I am having some issues with getting query results to display when using the 'command prompt'. Seems strange because the table information etc. is showing up  Huh?

Any help would be appreciated  Grin Including screenshots of terminal as well just to show that schema and data exists.

* screenie1.jpg (192.83 KB, 1269x800 - viewed 290 times.)

* screenie2.jpg (157.72 KB, 739x726 - viewed 303 times.)

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »

Thanks for the kudos, AS - much appreciated.

On to your troubles - that's particularly weird. I'd expect the command prompt to either do nothing, or work OK.

Except:

The system that does multi-row queries is different than single or short-list queries. Did you run the test-install script, and what did you get? I'm guessing that the Apache poor-man's threading response is bad. This is usually because the box does not know how to "hit itself" for a query - the way my pseudo-multithreading works in that app is for your request to fire off an Apache request to itself, then as results come in, ajax them back out to you. If the machine does not know how to hit itself with a request (or the machine is incapable, but that's another point) then select * from queries will not work.

(Side note - I'm working on some new-and-improved ways of doing this, but haven't put it together yet)

If the machine cannot to an fopen that might be another trouble. The requestor uses the base functions (fopen, fwrite etc) to throw the request and if those functions are shutdown on your machine then this will show up as well.

Best first shot: throw the test-install procedure at it and see what you get. I've got my bet placed Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
AngloSaxon
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:50:14 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the permissions etc. and all seems to be in order as does the test install script. Personally, its not a major issue so no worries, but I am guessing its something you would like to know about.

* screenie3.jpg (82.8 KB, 690x873 - viewed 313 times.)

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »

Curiouser and curiouser... looks like everything is installed and working just fine.  Angry

I am out of the country ATM but would like to discuss this more with you, because there must be something more interesting going on. When I'm back I'll PM you and perhaps we can discuss the issue more directly.

Sorry for the troubles,
/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
AngloSaxon
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 03:09:29 AM »

Sure, whenever is convenient  Grin

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »

Alright - back in town. I'll probably get a few to look at the code and contact you in a couple days. Client stuff to work out immediately, but then I'll ping you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript