The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:27:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: phpmyide issue, not working for me  (Read 3142 times)
charlievdzwan
n00b

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:38:26 AM »

Hi there!

First of all, I really like phpmyide! its a very nice opensource ide!

But Ive got a problem, it doesnt work for me...
Ive uploaded de folder 'phpmyide' to the root of my website. I've changed the config file en executed buildsql.php
It succesfully created the tables (myide_long_commands, etc), so far its working fine...

But when I visit the IDE everything is blank.. I can't see any tables..
I've attached some screenshots for you so you can see what I mean.

Maybe it has something to do with the Testing Prompt Handler that is not Available (screenshot attached)

I hope you can help me Smiley

Thank you in advance!

Charlie

* screen1.jpg (56.55 KB, 769x741 - viewed 287 times.)

* screen2.jpg (81.05 KB, 769x741 - viewed 280 times.)

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:09:57 AM »

Hey Charlie -

Welcome to The Cache and thanks for your kind comments on phpMyIDE. MANOHMAN do I need to cut some time away to get after my next update, it's very frustrating to be so busy and not attend it.

First, the command prompt: That will only come into play when you click the Command Prompt tab and try to do an operation. A few operations will succeed, do to the way it works - like "clear" and such which are handled all locally. As well as simple one shot commands like "use thisdb" . The problems will come in when you say things like "select * from thattable" where the code needs the support of the prompt executable to continue to gather and return rows. But we can handle that later.

I am a little baffled about the primary connection record. Since the testinstall shows it is OK, I am immediately wondering first off what browser you are running this on? That's not IE by any chance, is it? Another thing might be any .htaccess you have and such... given what it shows up as, it looks as though it's firing up ok but that the AJAX response with all the database information has not arrived. If FireFox, isn't there a debug screen where you can show problems with the javascript on a page? That'd also be a place to look, because you should see SOME activity almost immediately after the UI downloads - the very first thing to do is request the database information so that it shows up in the top-left window.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript