The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 01:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: phpMyIDE debugging method & new requirement  (Read 2169 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:23:22 PM »

DBDog had a problem with his instance of phpMyIDE and was clearly an Ajax issue. So to triage it, we opened up main.php and uncommented the line

require 'source/module.ajaxlog.php';

(about line 53) and restart the app. A new tab appears in the bottom pane area with the title, "Ajax Log." This log shows just about everything that's happening in Ajax for the Script Explorer and the Editor module. What we noticed was that we were getting a "undefined function" error at the server - no function named "json_encode" exists.

The issue is that DBDog's instance of PHP was at 5.1, where the json_encode and json_decode functions are not automatically included. If you are running php 5.2+ then it is - if anything less, then you need to use the PECL install to get the JSON functions into your instance.

What I'm thinking is writing an encoder, but trying the json_encode first... if the function does not exist then use the php coded one. It will not be nearly as fast as the C compiled one, but it would get past this obstacle.

Thoughts? Should I simply require the json_encode functionality?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dbdog
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »

Perk, I got working. I see the database info now.
I upgraded my OS last night from Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS to 8.04 LTS.
As I was doing this last night I am thinking to myself, why am I
doing this to my production server  D'oh!  I have 3 other unused machines
sitting right next to me that I could quickly load up LAMP server to try
out the new IDE.
The upgrade went fine and everything still works...
I now have PHP 5.2.4 with the json stuff

ARF

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer and "unlicensed pharmacist"
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »

Right on DB... I'm REALLY looking forward to your feedback. Really really lots man Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript