The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 05:55:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No database info  (Read 6223 times)
dbdog
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »

Downloaded, installed, got the app displaying in the browser, edited config.php
and still get no database data displaying (upper left box empty). Also no error messages.
I have root access. I set up the username/password the same as I use for phpMyAdmin.

Any clues???

ARF,ARF... Throw me a bone...
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:40 PM »

ringety ring...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »

That problem nailed - starting another thread to discuss it

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »

I looked through the other threads here in support.

I just downloaded v0.5[n] and I am trying to get it operational on two seperate systems (both fresh builds, onsite)

System1
Windows 2003
IIS 6
PHP Version 5.2.6
MySQL Server version: 5.0.51b-community-nt
phpMyAdmin - 2.11.6

System2
CentOS 5.1
Apache 2
PHP Version 5.1.6
MySQL Server version: 5.0.22
phpMyAdmin - 2.11.6

I have both installed in http://mysite.com/admin/phpMyIDE

When I got to that url, I see the layout for phpMyIDE, but the only thing that works is the phpmyadmin tab.

Here is an example of my config file

Code:
<?php

$siteHost 
mysite.com';
$siteURL = '
/admin/phpMyIDE';
$sitePort = 80;

$connections = array();
$connections[0]['
name'] = 'mysql';
$connections[0]['
host'] = 'localhost';
$connections[0]['
user'] = 'root';
$connections[0]['
password'] = 'SuperSecretPW;
$connections[0]['phpmyadmin'] = 'http://mysite.com/admin/myadmin/';

?>

I cant seem to see what I am missing, any ideas?

BTW, thanks for offering a software that looks to be very promising!

No links in signatures please
ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »

Ok, I see that I need to be at PHP 5.2.x so the Cent server needs to get updated, but I have verified that the Win2003 box has the correct PHP version and has mysqli enabled.

Also, on both boxes, there is a mysql DB named phpmyide with the sql tables created from the script.

hmmm..

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

Welcome to The Cache oChaos.

System1
Windows 2003
IIS 6
PHP Version 5.2.6
MySQL Server version: 5.0.51b-community-nt
phpMyAdmin - 2.11.6

System2
CentOS 5.1
Apache 2
PHP Version 5.1.6
MySQL Server version: 5.0.22
phpMyAdmin - 2.11.6
Although I cannot imagine any troubles, I have not tested the system served from IIS. Nutballs, an admin here, may have already done it though and would know if there are any gotchas.

When I got to that url, I see the layout for phpMyIDE, but the only thing that works is the phpmyadmin tab.
Your config file looks OK, although since you have obscured the username and password (I assume you have) then I don't know if the fields are actually correct. However, since you are in control of the MySQL instance, I really doubt that it is a user or permissions problem, so I think we can rule that out. So outside that, this looks like a straight-ahead Ajax problem, or a problem with the Ajax function connecting to the database. The best way to triage this is to edit the main.php file, and un-comment the line that says:

require "source/module.ajaxlog.php";

and reload the application. A new tab will show up, "Ajax Log" on the bottom pane. If you click on that pane you'll see a log of the Ajax communication and what happened with the client tried to hook up with the server. Best bet is to post the results here if you cannot understand what it is saying.

BTW, thanks for offering a software that looks to be very promising!
Most kind, and your welcome. I am really enjoying working with the early adopters and look forward to getting you online.

/perk

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:45 PM »

Ok, I see that I need to be at PHP 5.2.x so the Cent server needs to get updated, but I have verified that the Win2003 box has the correct PHP version and has mysqli enabled.
You do not need to upgrade PHP entirely, simply make sure you have the json_encode and _decode functions available, which can be installed via PECL or PEAR. Then you can avoid the hassle of updating PHP. THAT BEING SAID: PHP 5.1 was a well known Charlie Foxtrot and I strongly recommend you moving to 5.2 when you can simply because it's a much more stable release.

Also, on both boxes, there is a mysql DB named phpmyide with the sql tables created from the script.
That's good ... you should have 5 tables. Obviously, the username used for connecting phpMyIDE to the DB will need full access to that database.

As an aside, if you have complete control, then perhaps you might consider letting phpMyIDE log in as root while you test this and see if that changes anything.

Cheers,
/p

ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

Welcome to The Cache oChaos.
Thank you!

Although I cannot imagine any troubles, I have not tested the system served from IIS. Nutballs, an admin here, may have already done it though and would know if there are any gotchas.
Ok cool, I will report anything wierd I find (It a strang situtation because I am a network engineer that work with MS products for my day to day work, but I have been running linux and doing PHP/MySql development for years as a hobby. My boss (a asp.net guy) wants to go to MySQL, so here we are, on a Virtual Win2003 Server with IIS, PHP, MySQL, ASPX, PHPMyAdmin and your product.)

Your config file looks OK, although since you have obscured the username and password (I assume you have) then I don't know if the fields are actually correct. However, since you are in control of the MySQL instance, I really doubt that it is a user or permissions problem, so I think we can rule that out. So outside that, this looks like a straight-ahead Ajax problem, or a problem with the Ajax function connecting to the database. The best way to triage this is to edit the main.php file, and un-comment the line that says:

and reload the application. A new tab will show up, "Ajax Log" on the bottom pane. If you click on that pane you'll see a log of the Ajax communication and what happened with the client tried to hook up with the server. Best bet is to post the results here if you cannot understand what it is saying.
I am using root, but yes, the PW are incorrect and the sitename are obviously incorrect Wink

I will try this and likely post it here as ajax is a really weak point for me.

Most kind, and your welcome. I am really enjoying working with the early adopters and look forward to getting you online.

/perk
Good luck, it looks like you have a good thing going here, I have never used SP before, but the boss wants me to use them where they make sense in a new project we are working on. I was really suprised to see the lack of good products to manage the SP etc and came across this. I really want to get this working.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:13:22 PM by ochaos » Logged

ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »

You do not need to upgrade PHP entirely, simply make sure you have the json_encode and _decode functions available, which can be installed via PECL or PEAR. Then you can avoid the hassle of updating PHP. THAT BEING SAID: PHP 5.1 was a well known Charlie Foxtrot and I strongly recommend you moving to 5.2 when you can simply because it's a much more stable release.
Good point, I remember fighting with a webhost to move to 5.2 because of a bug with PHP_SELF etc... Since this is a mostly vanilla install, it will be no problem.

That's good ... you should have 5 tables. Obviously, the username used for connecting phpMyIDE to the DB will need full access to that database.

As an aside, if you have complete control, then perhaps you might consider letting phpMyIDE log in as root while you test this and see if that changes anything.

Cheers,
/p
I thought that I had it logging in as root, I know I didnt create any new user for it. If I have it set in the config, is that all I need? (talking about the windows box now)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:14:06 PM by ochaos » Logged

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »

I thought that I had it logging in as root, I know I didnt create any new user for it. If I have it set in the config, is that all I need? (talking about the windows box now)
Yes... the config.php is the entire connection definition thang. There's nowhere else to worry about. And if you see "databases" in the Script Explorer pane, then you're all connected.

Good luck - I'm stepping out to see the Doobie Bros. and Chicago tonight at a nice intimate venue, so I probably won't be back online till tomorrow morning.

/perk

ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

I am using root, but yes, the PW are incorrect and the sitename are obviously incorrect Wink

I will try this and likely post it here as ajax is a really weak point for me.

Ok, it looks like I am doing something worng after saving this main.php file.

I uncommented the require "source/module.ajaxlog.php"; line, but the tab doesnt show up for me. So I tried, commenting the require "source/module.timemachine.php"; line figuring it would remove the TimeMachine Tab. It seems to still be loading as it was almost like it is cached.

***** I just tried firefox, I was testing with IE7 ***** I can now see the DB's etc and everything looks correct. It's wierd though, the Ajax log file still isnt there and the Time Machine tab is (even though its commented out)?

I am out for the night also, have fun at the concert. Thanks for your help.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »

First big trouble - I don't support IE6 or IE7 yet - big troubles there as outlined in the Current Status page at the phpMyIDE site. BIG troubles, don't even go there.

And let me get this straight - your initialization portion of the main.php file looks like this (note I commented out TimeMachine just to be like you)
Code:
<?php

require "source/module.scriptfinder.php";
require 
"source/module.dbexplorer.php";
require 
"source/module.queries.php";
//require "source/module.templates.php";
require "source/module.preferences.php";

require 
"source/module.editor.php";
require 
"source/module.prompt.php";
require 
"source/module.phpmyadmin.php";
//require "source/module.timemachine.php";
//require "source/module.optimizer.php";
require "source/module.help.php";
require 
"source/module.ajaxlog.php";
//require "source/module.debug.php";

?>
php

... you've refreshed while using FireFox and your tabs still show TimeMachine and not the Ajax Log? Something is definitely squirrelly there... I'm wondering about some form of caching on your server. If this is all true, can you cycle your server and see if that changes things?

Note that you can add/remove these tabs at will and they will simply add themselves to the appropriate location, so you do not need to comment out anything to make this work. You only need to un-comment the ajaxlog line and refresh in most cases.

Looking forward to hear how this one fleshes out Wink

ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »

Ok, Sorry, I didnt notice that IE6/7 were not supported. No problem.

Yeah, the tabs thing is wierd, here is my main.php file

Code:
<?php

// Main Routine - put license info here...

$GLOBALS['versionNumber'] = '0.5a, June 2, 2008';

require 
"config.php";
require 
"source/class.dbconnection.php";

$currCon 0;
$db = new dbConnection($connections[$currCon]['host'], $connections[$currCon]['user'], $connections[$currCon]['password'], '');
$db->silent true;
$GLOBALS['utilDB'] = &$db;

// Put Ajax includer here...
if ($request $_POST['module'])
{
$theFile "source/ajax.{$_POST['module']}.php";
if (is_file($theFile)) include $theFile;
exit;
}

/*
All modules have the opportunity to add to the "include array"
Looks like this:
$include[]
['moduleName']
['tabBank'] - 0|1|2 - 0 = not a tab, or bank 1 or 2.
['tabCaption'] - if bank is 1 or 2, then a tab will be created with this name and the modulename above used for referencing GUI components of it
['css'] - text here will be added to the header CSS
['initJS'] - text here will be included inside the <script> tags on the body for initialization JS
['funcJS'] - text here will be included inside the <script> tags in the header and should be functions and classes only
['onHAdjust'] - this should be the function that is called for each module when the explorer sizer is moved
['onResize'] - this is a function that will be called when the page is resized
['div'] - this should be HTML that will be included on the page - like for tabs.
*/

$include = array();

require 
"source/module.root.php";

require 
"source/module.scriptfinder.php";
require 
"source/module.dbexplorer.php";
require 
"source/module.queries.php";
//require "source/module.templates.php";
require "source/module.preferences.php";

require 
"source/module.editor.php";
require 
"source/module.prompt.php";
require 
"source/module.phpmyadmin.php";
//require "source/module.timemachine.php";
//require "source/module.optimizer.php";
require "source/module.help.php";
require 
"source/module.ajaxlog.php";
//require "source/module.debug.php";

// Loop through all the include records and include appropriately...
$css = array();
$jsInit = array();
$jsFunc = array();

foreach(
$include as $item)
{
if ($item['css'])
{
$css[] = <<<CSS

/*
==================================================================================
   CSS Module: 
{$item['moduleName']}
==================================================================================
*/
{$item['css']}
CSS;
}

if ($item['initJS'])
{
$jsInit[] = <<<JS

/*
   jsInit Module: 
{$item['moduleName']}
*/
{$item['initJS']}
JS;
}

if ($item['funcJS'])
{
$jsFunc[] = <<<JS

/*
   jsFunc Module: 
{$item['moduleName']}
*/
{$item['funcJS']}
JS;
}
}

$cssStr implode(chr(10), $css);
$jsInitStr implode(chr(10), $jsInit);
$jsFuncStr implode(chr(10), $jsFunc);

require 
"source/html.main.php";

echo 
$content;

?>

I tried to change the name of the file and it threw an error, so its reading the file.

here's my screenshot

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »

OK there's NO WAY that the TimeMachine tab can be showing without it being included, no way at all. So the issue is probably one of these:
  • Some form of code caching which I am unaware of and is not refreshing. This would be some nasty voodoo if true.
    Odds: less than 10%
  • Some form of server caching: This would be where the server has decided that it does not need to refresh the page at all. Have you cycled the server?
    Odds: probably in the 30% zone
  • Server misconfiguration: Perhaps you have multiple instances of phpMyIDE on the box now and you're modifying the wrong one. Try entering something like "Do this really stupid line;" at the very top of main.php. It should of course bomb miserably and not return anything except a syntax error notice. If not, then your server is not pointing at the right place OR you're editing the wrong file.
    Odds: Better than 50%
  • Client or proxy cache: Are you running through a proxy to the box? Does the proxy cache for you?
    Odds: 40%

Sorry I can't be more specific, but looking at your symptoms it's pretty clear that what you're seeing in your browser is not what's in the code. Hope this helps in the triage,

/p
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:21:14 AM by perkiset » Logged

ochaos
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »

OK there's NO WAY that the TimeMachine tab can be showing without it being included, no way at all. So the issue is probably one of these:
  • Some form of code caching which I am unaware of and is not refreshing. This would be some nasty voodoo if true.
    Odds: less than 10%
  • Some form of server caching: This would be where the server has decided that it does not need to refresh the page at all. Have you cycled the server?
    Odds: probably in the 30% zone
  • Server misconfiguration: Perhaps you have multiple instances of phpMyIDE on the box now and you're modifying the wrong one. Try entering something like "Do this really stupid line;" at the very top of main.php. It should of course bomb miserably and not return anything except a syntax error notice. If not, then your server is not pointing at the right place OR you're editing the wrong file.
    Odds: Better than 50%
  • Client or proxy cache: Are you running through a proxy to the box? Does the proxy cache for you?
    Odds: 40%

Sorry I can't be more specific, but looking at your symptoms it's pretty clear that what you're seeing in your browser is not what's in the code. Hope this helps in the triage,

/p

Ok, I will probably not be able to work on it again until Friday, I will report back then.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript