The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 11:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Javascript error when using Interent Explorer 7  (Read 3773 times)
robguay
n00b

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »

IE is throw two error causing the page not to load correctly.

Error #1
Line: 1629
Char: 2
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0

Error#2
Line: 1082
Char: 2
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0

No links in signatures please
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »

Not sure if I can help but IE stands for Infinite Errors - IMO  ROFLMAO

Good luck!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
robguay
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:58:43 PM »

To True  ROFLMAO

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »

The developer of phpMyIDE isn't around right now, he's out in Europe somewhere. I'm sure he'll respond in due time.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »

Sorry for the delay, thanks for the note VS -

In the README as well as the site I've posted that phpMyIDE is a Firefox/Safari/Opera app ATM - I've not degraded the code to the point that it will run in IE Wink It is on the ToDo list, but ATM I do not support any versions of IE.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »

Ahhhhh, presentation done and it's almost beer-thirty!

The developer of phpMyIDE isn't around right now, he's out in Europe somewhere. I'm sure he'll respond in due time.

Yep, right now he's probably trapped under a fallen Irish Pub sign, telling tall stories to bedazzled belligerents.

From a browser compatibility and HTML coding perspective, I've never met anyone like him.  Of course I never leave home so I could be wrong.  In any case, I'm amazed at the fact that he totally despises IE but maintains his deep knowledge of its intricacies (derived from the Latin word: bugs).  He does it so anyone visiting one of his sites from any browser will get the best experience possible.  A thankless job performed by an under-sung bit twiddler 

I'm no such hero.  Seriously, if my career path required deep knowledge of and compliance with Safari ("Best in Show" finalist, 2005), I'd turn to drugs and prostitution immediately.

When he returns I'm sure he'll ostracize me for my unfounded Safari slander.  If not, I'll say something unflattering about Apple and he'll respond quickly.  I'll say I was kidding and refer him to your post  Wink

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

Ooops... guess he responded before I finished writing my post!  Hey perk Smiley

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

LOL (Hey ITTO, thanks for the plug Wink ) Currently way late at night in Paris, I'm getting on when I can.

Actually I like how FF and IE are pretty much identical - it is IE that throws a wrench in the works. There are times, however, that both FF and Safari are more tolerant than they should be, and IE holds my feet to the fire to write really crisp code. That is though, the minority experience.

I just had to do a bunch of IE/FF/Safari et al work and so I'm rather tuned up. I expect I'll be working over both my Spectrum framework and phpMyIDE (an abbreviated descendent of the framework) to get them more cross-compliant.

But in the mean time, I'll be busy with great bread and wonderfully inexpensive Sancerre Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
robguay
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »

Thank for all the responses.

I totally understand the reason to work with FF and not IE.   Praise

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

My bias is only marginally acceptable. I despise the fact that phpMyIDE does not work correctly in IE, and see it is a failure of the code. It will not long continue that way.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript