The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 01:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting phpMyIDE running  (Read 2922 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

Well, now that there's been about 20 downloads on the package, I figure I'd better throw a little more at "How to get it working" since there isn't an install package.

First off, all you need to do is unzip the download into a directory that Apache is pointing to - much like phpMyAdmin there is no "install" procedure per se. All directory and http references are relative to (wherever you have it) so it should work just fine.

Second, you need to edit the config.php file for your MySQL host, username and password. At this point, you should be able to access the program from a browser and see databases in the left-hand most list in the Script Explorer.

Permissions: If you have root level (grant all) permissions to <your> database, then things should work just fine. If you have a subset of those permissions then things might get a little more strange. I am looking forward to feedback about how things work when people don't have GRANT ALL.

A telling thing about permissions will be if you click on a database, then on Procedures, then "new" and see what happens... if it creates one and you're able to edit and save it, then things are in great shape. If not, again, I want to hear about it.

Thanks all who are testing so far!

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:24:22 AM »

Perk,

I have a couple of big projects coming up soon and should be able to give this thing a "belting" :-)

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »

Right on TD... really appreciate the help.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript