The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 01:44:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Error when attempting first access  (Read 8821 times)
dink
Expert

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »

Just downloaded the ide ver 0.3a and copied it to my server.  The server is on a shared host that has php 5, MySql 4, and several db's

I pointed my browser to mysite.com/ide/main.php.  I get an alert box that says:
Code:
ajaxRequestor Error:
~
~
There was more stuff in there but it doesn't seem important.

The page renders but nothing much else works.

There is nothing to see on any of the tabs except phpmyadmin.  It contains the error message :  Firefox can't find the server at 42.phpmyadmin.  Clicking on the 'refresh' button on any of the other views results in the ajax error above.

I'm going to guess that there are at least two problems here. 

The reference to '42.phpmyadmin' would indicate that there is a reference to the host somewhere besides the config file.  That reference prolly doesn't say 'localhost'.

The second problem would seem to be with ajax on this server.  I'll go see what I can find out.  Meanwhile, if any of you gurus know of anything that you see right off, please post it.

If I don't respond quickly.....panic!  No not really.  We're experiencing a lot of heavy duty thunder storms in my part of the world.  My system gets unplugged during these outbreaks.

TIA

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:24 PM »

Alrighty.  Googled for the ajaxRequestor Error.  The query resulted in three listings, two of which point right back here.  lol

So it would appear that I need the requestor class, where should I place it?

Found the reference to 42.phpmyadmin near the bottom of module.phpmyadmin.php.

Also see a pointer to 127.0.0.1 in the function telemetryUpdate on the page class.dbconnection.php.  Not sure if the reference to 127.0.0.1 will work in this shared atmosphere.  Any guesses?

[quote Nutballs]
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:38 PM »

Just downloaded the ide ver 0.3a and copied it to my server.  The server is on a shared host that has php 5, MySql 4, and several db's

I pointed my browser to mysite.com/ide/main.php.  I get an alert box that says:

ajaxRequestor Error:
OK - that means that for one reason or another, the ajax handler file is not found at the server. I'll try a sub-directory layout like that in the morning - that's most probably it.

The page renders but nothing much else works.
It's all Ajax, if it can't find the handler file then nothing will work.

There is nothing to see on any of the tabs except phpmyadmin.  It contains the error message :  Firefox can't find the server at 42.phpmyadmin.  Clicking on the 'refresh' button on any of the other views results in the ajax error above.
Good eye... I hard coded the phpmyadmin pane to talk to one of my internal phpMyAdmin sites... I'll fix that and move it to the config file in the morning as well. If you look at module.phpmyadmin.php you can see where it is and modify it yourself, temporarily, just to see how it works - point it to your phpMyAdmin instance.

<edit>Read your second post and the fact that you found it after I posted this response</edit>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:00:59 AM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »

Alrighty.  Googled for the ajaxRequestor Error.  The query resulted in three listings, two of which point right back here.  lol
That's my error, you won't find much on it. But it's clear what the problem is... we'll have the sussed out in the morning.

So it would appear that I need the requestor class, where should I place it?
Nope, the requestor class came in module.root.php. The problem isn't the lack of it, it's that Apache & PHP are having a hard time finding it.

Also see a pointer to 127.0.0.1 in the function telemetryUpdate on the page class.dbconnection.php.  Not sure if the reference to 127.0.0.1 will work in this shared atmosphere.  Any guesses?
That's a legacy function and can and will be removed - it does nothing for you in this case and is never called. It'll be gone as well.

Thanks man... I'll tighten you up in the AM.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »

Couldn't go to bed without one simple test...

if phpmyide is a subdir it won't work. I've been using it as phpmyide.adomain.com and haven't tested it as subdir yet, but that's definitely the problem.

Should be a quickie. More tomorrow,

/p

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »

Alright Dinker, version 0.3c is all set for download...
give'r a try and thanks again!

dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »

Thank you sir.  Shall do.

**slightly off topic= in the config.php file, where it asks for database, does it want a database name (something like dink_wine) or what?

[quote Nutballs]
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »

The defaultDB record isn't really that important, but I've got to specify on in my my connection class... I should probably ease that requirement. Yes, if you have a database on a MySQL instance, your database will be fine.

Did you read NutBall's post re. permissions? Could be a deal breaker if you can't get access to functions and procedures...

Code:
<?php

$host 
'127.0.0.1';
$userName 'root';
$password 'theReallySafePassword';
$defaultDB 'mysql';

$pma_url 'http://www.MyphpMyAdminInstance.com/';

?>

dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »

Thanks.

Ya.  I read about the permissions problem.  I have an account at HostGator so I'll try it there.  I'll report back.

[quote Nutballs]
[/quote]
dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

I'm in.  WooHoo!

May be an unfair test though.  This is on HostGator shared hosting.
PHP version     5.2.5
MySQL version    5.0.45

So, with MySql v 5 it is already set for SP's

Shittah.  Faster than a prune and ExLax pudding thru a grannylady.   ROFLMAO

I'm gonna go play now.  Anything in particular you'd like me to test for?

[quote Nutballs]
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 12:13:07 AM »

Right on Dink! Congrats!

Well, the first thing would be to select your database, select procedures, click "new" and see if it creates the procedure and loads it up into the editing pane. It should create a meaningless procedure with a single comment line, and the new procedure name should show up in the list of open files on the right. Create some more & save them - the editor and file list pane should behave... exactly as it feels like it should ie., alpahbetized lists, clean and easy.

If you put some returns in the procedures, you should get a red dot next to the file that is now "dirty" - click Save and see if the dot goes away - if so, you are 100% online with procedures and functions.

The next and much more difficult test will be triggers... and in fact, now that I'm thinking about it, if you don't have access to create databases on that server you may get troubles... but this will make for an excellent first test.

Again, thanks loads my friend!

dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »

Everything seems to be working just as advertised.

Procedures created, edited, saved, and deleted.

One suggestion:  Put up some lil text thingies so when we mouseover the cute icons it will tell stooges like me what is gonna happen when we click on it.

Ya.  I have access to create databases on this server, so shoot me the test.

It's all good Perk.

[quote Nutballs]
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »

Actually tool tips came in in the last version... run your mouse over and hold for a moment... that ought to do it

@ database - use the createtable.sql file that came with the download to create the tables it needs... you'll need to create a database, "phpmyide" first - but then it should go. There's 3 tables that will be created. One of them is offline triggers, which should get you pretty close to editing triggers... if you have "Super" as a privilege for your login, then you should be able to go all the way (created/edit/delete triggers on a table)

Thanks again man, looks like it's coming right along!

So now: how do we get you going forward and actually making use of the thingy?

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:20 AM »

about the SQL script. perk, just drop the database name from the table creates. MySQL will automatically use the selected database in most cases. Or add a USE at the top so folks only have to change it in 1 place if they use a different database name.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »

... I getcha... but the code relies on it thus far - so I left it that way because of you put it elsewhere I wont find the tables. I think I'll do the USE thang because placement of the tables is rather low on the priority list... I'm currently in on the command prompt and stored queries. Any luck for you yet?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript