The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 12:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinker! Paging Dinker!  (Read 3025 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

Hey my friend (and anyone else that is eavesdropping) - there is a candidate for a new release (0.5d) which incorporates a couple new features, not the least of which is the patch for an authenticated site like yours. It also supports multiple connections.

I took the time to really comment in the config.php file exactly what each variable should look like. What I was hoping is that you'd DL the new one, look through the README, INSTALL and config.php and see if it all makes sense... then of course, that it works right out the box as it should. I'd like to get it happy with your database and then release it this week if possible.

I've attached it here so you can grab it, or you can get it via the main website here:

http://www.phpmyide.com/images/phpMyIDE-0.5d.tar.gz

Please let me know what happens. If you get it running satisfactorily I'll post here how to use multiple connections.

Thanks muchly,

/p

* phpMyIDE-0.5d.tar.gz (442.37 KB - downloaded 242 times.)

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: There's a new little script called "testinstall.php." After you unpack the app, update the config file and then call testinstall.php froy your browser - this should report that you're either good to go or let you know where there are problems.

This is completely a first-shot, so please let me know how it works for you. I think it will nip problems in the bud in the future.

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »

perk, might I suggest a current release link as a sticky post or a current realease thread or both.

Of course you will be responsible for keeping it up to date and our job will be to hassle you when you don't ROFLMAO

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »

This is sort of a pre-release thang TD ... of course you are right, the Announcements board is for exactly that, and I will post an announcement there when it's ready for public consumption. I just thought that this particular bug was so very "Dink" that I'd work with him on it first... however I'd love for you to pull it down and see how it floats as well. I had a thought the other day that perhaps your Command Prompt problems were related to your config file... and this one has lots of description about how exactly to set it up, which might clean your issue up as well.

Nice to know you've got your finger on the pulse... I'm around tonight if you want to give'r a go...

dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »

Whoa.  Late checking in and looky here.  New toys!

I'll getter doner and report back.

"...very Dink..."   ROFLMAO

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript