The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 05:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't get it working at all  (Read 2900 times)
thorb
n00b

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:45:33 AM »

testinstall.php

Testing: json_encode Not Available
Testing: json_decode  Not Available
everything else is ok

Error: Connections and Privileges not tested

ah. so these functions is builtin to php and I don't have theme.
--         <mysqlclientVersion>5.0.21</mysqlclientVersion>
--         <phpVersion>5.1.2</phpVersion>
so it seems I must upgrade php to make this work. you do now there are custom functions to have these builtin functions?
http://www.bin-co.com/php/scripts/array2json/
which is a function to have json_encode on those php that does not support it. and if the real one exists it will redirect it to it.however I see that it would be less buggy to use the built in functions.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:56:31 AM by thorb » Logged

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »

It is reasonable to ask your ISP to include the JSON functions - they are really standard stuff. And yes, I could degrade into a php function, however the JSON encode/decode are WAY faster because they're all in C and talk directly to the array memory.

NOTE: You DO NOT need to upgrade PHP to do this. You can simply add the json functions via PEAR or PECL. This is a pretty straight forward addition of a feature to PHP after it's been compiled and is all set up. The PHP site docs have the data you'll need.

testinstall.php cannot go forward and try your connections until the JSON functions are working. What I can look for the next version might be a conditional require: if the function json_encode does not work, I could require my own code to do the encoding... that might be an interesting way around this in the future.

Thanks for the thought - I'll put it into my ToDo stuff.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »

One further thought: you will also need the mysqli_ functions - if they are not present that is a BIG problem and there is no workaround available. So when you're checking out the json stuff, you might want to look to make sure they are installed as well. And I do believe that those must be compiled in.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript