The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.5d problem with triggers  (Read 2500 times)
dink
Expert

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »

Yo Perk, wonking thru the tutorial here:
http://www.perkiset.org/forum/announcements_updates/phpmyide_05a_real_functionality_a_first_look-t975.0.html

I can't get this install to toggle the on/off for the trigger.  Here is the error msg from the ajax log:
Code:
dink_phptest.Dink_phptestTablebAfterUpdate after update on dink_phptest.tableb for each row BEGIN call dink_phptest.tablesum(NEW.tablea_id); END Error String: Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation
ScriptExplorer: __onRTS - firing onSuccess

**note the capitalized user name on the first line above.  Don't know if that has any bearing on this problem.**

I won't continue testing until we see what's up with this one.

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »

This is a permissions problem with your database. If you don't have the "super" permission, then you can't install a trigger. It's completely different than the ability to read/write stored procedures and functions.

The biggest problem here is that "Super" is a global privilege, not a database specific privilege... so it is doubtful given [where you have that database instance] that they will give it to you... it is actually an administration privilege. I just checked the MySQL docs and ATM there is no way around this.

So, given that instance, you're going to have to play without triggers Sad

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 04:13:39 PM »

Oh man!  Triggerless in cyberville.

Righty.  I'll continue the test regime.

Thanks for looking at the prob.

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript