The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 06:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn off PHP sessions?  (Read 2366 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »

Is there a way to?
at the page level?

Basically, what I want to do is to be able to open multiple tabs in FF, all running the same exact page, at the same time, and not wait for the other tabs to finish before it starts.

I have tried assorted client side addons like cookiepie, but they cause more problems than it is worth.
Google is no help for some reason in this case.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »

Well, "turning off sessions" or undoing a session start is done with session_unset(), but that doesn't sound at all like what you want to do.

Are you saying you want a session-oriented stateful site, but multiple states per tab?

Hmmm. My first thought would be to make a custom session handler that retrieves the session ID from a GET param rather than from cookies, so you could control it. Make some funky looking URLs, but it would make it workable on multiple tabs.

The next would be to create a sub-layer of sessions, one that used the session_id to know which "block" of IDs it would look to (in a table or something) and then a GET parameter would be the final determinant. Sort of complicated though.

Wait, simpler: modify your apache config so that it answers to *.mydomain.com - then log into instance1.mydomain.com and instance2.mydomain.com and instance3.mydomain.com and your cookies will travel with the sub.

Best I've got at the moment.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

subdomains! great idea. since i am already wildcarded. DUH!!!

Praise

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript