The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 02:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Templates and whatnot  (Read 3021 times)
m0nkeymafia
Expert

Check it!

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »

I know a lot of people use smarty or other templating systems.  It makes sense, and separates design from the programming logic.  But i still use includes and am proud! Anyone else in the include boat?

include_once 'indextop.html'; //WIN!!

I am Tyler Durden
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:14 AM »

Wrote my own from the ground up. It's all include based, although I'm a require and require_once kinda guy.

Using APC with a require-type structure as well as lotsa classes makes GOOD SENSE.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
m0nkeymafia
Expert

Check it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »

Still not got APC workin yet perk, my host uses zend and its incompatible, not sure if i should request zend be removed so i can use apc or not

I am Tyler Durden
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »

Well, Zend costs AFAIK and APC is free... but I don't think that, unless you're in a VPS they can allocated [n] space to *you* and the PHP instance attached to Apache and not everyone else... if they go that direction and you're shared I think it'd be trouble for them... and someone like me'd take rather large advantage of it pretty quickly Wink

Have you thought about either a colo, dedi or vps for your stuff?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
m0nkeymafia
Expert

Check it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:45:41 AM »

im on vps now and its handling everything pretty well
in fact ive almost finished rewriting the site and its a million times faster, and found other ways to cache stuff... i.e. by having interim tables with pre-calculated data for the big pages

I am Tyler Durden
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »

If it's a VPS then you should be able to get Zend out of there no worries... do you have root level access to the VPS? You could probably do it yourself, although I do not know how. If you get that far and want assistance getting APC on the box lemmee know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript