The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: solving a problem ages later.  (Read 3228 times)
rasputin
n00b

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

A very long time ago, almost exactly a year ago I had built a spider that scraped certain things.

I encountered a slight speedbump a year ago and wasnt able to figure out the solution...

its weird, but last night before falling asleep I randomly started thinking about it, and figured out exactly what I needed to do in my head. Im not even that expert or experienced at php, im a advanced newbie imo.

Has this happened to anyone ever?

The coding solution I thought up is also something ive never even used in programming before, its a method I just know will work.

No links in signatures please
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »

Welcome to thecache, rasputin.

>happened

Yeah, it'll happen in a more timely fashion if you're really deep into a coding project.  I've known programmers who kept notepads on their bedside table because they'd wake up with a solution to a "grinder" fairly often.

You can, in fact, train yourself to purposely background process.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

I know exactly what you mean... sometimes i just play something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=delta+waves+sleep&aq=f

with all the lights out and just meditate and let my mind wander and i get the answer.

Also i noticed the alpha waves are pretty strong right when I FIrst wake up fresh out
of a nap and if i grab the laptop and start coding, its magic for about 20 minutes..

either that or i notice my wife screaming: " WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SLEEP DURING THE DAY!?!?!"

which makes the alpha waves crawl up my butt and rot..   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »

Always. It's annoying. Usually 1 day after the project is no longer relevant either...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:40:51 AM »

I know exactly what you mean... sometimes i just play something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=delta+waves+sleep&aq=f

with all the lights out and just meditate and let my mind wander and i get the answer.

Also i noticed the alpha waves are pretty strong right when I FIrst wake up fresh out
of a nap and if i grab the laptop and start coding, its magic for about 20 minutes..

either that or i notice my wife screaming: " WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SLEEP DURING THE DAY!?!?!"

which makes the alpha waves crawl up my butt and rot..   ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
You should check out www.neuroprogrammer.com. It's a great program and can help you with various problems also. They have a lot of good sessions that you can use to stimulate different parts of your brain. They got this killer super learning session that puts your brain in the optimal state for learning new stuff. Great for reading books. The super learning session that ships with the program is eyes closed which makes it useless for books but in the member's section somebody created eyes open version which I use.

For your wife, you can tell that for example Albert Einstein and Leonardo Da Vinci were frequent day sleepers. But of course you want to remember that if you take a power nap, it can't be longer than 40 minutes or you'll enter deep sleep and wakeup sleep drunk (which is actual term used by sleep researchers).

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
deregular
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 03:50:54 AM »

OMG i do that too!

Only problem is that once I am awake I forget whatever the hell I was thinking about while
I was dozing.

I imagine I have probably discovered and forgotten the 'meaning of life' about a dozen times.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 06:14:05 AM »

My best stuff comes from when I am relaxed and not at the machine. In the shower, lightly sleeping, you name it. I think it's about being relaxed and allowing your brain to free associate through all the tools you've got in the toolbox.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Kovacs
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »

Often I think it's not just about the money.  It's about that eureka moment when you get that flash of insight, solve that stubborn problem and feel that enormous surge of accomplishment.

No links in signatures please
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »

For your wife, you can tell that for example Albert Einstein and Leonardo Da Vinci were frequent day sleepers. But of course you want to remember that if you take a power nap, it can't be longer than 40 minutes or you'll enter deep sleep and wakeup sleep drunk (which is actual term used by sleep researchers).

i tried, she says davinci spanked it mostly and einstein got married after
 he did all his thinkin n spankin, and that i should get up and hang out with her
....  ROFLMAO

but (idiocracy quote) now you know why he built that bomb. 

hahahah

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 11:33:53 PM »

In fairness, Einstein only postulated the possibility of the reaction, it was Oppenheimer that really did the dead.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 12:54:36 PM »

Yea, he was unable to do anything after he got married.

i love that smiley hahahaha

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript