The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 07:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reciprocal spider problem and snoopy can't fetch page.  (Read 1720 times)
nattsurfaren
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2008, 07:50:48 AM »

I have been testing a couple of reciprocal link exchange directories and it happends several time that auto check for reciprocal can't find their link on my wordpress blog post. So when I surf using firefox I can se the link just fine.
I have this link cloaking script and I added a logfile output where I can se ip, cloak status and agent.
So I suspected that maybe wordpress does something funny if I don't use supported agents and the agent of the reciprocal spider isn't supported.

So I wrote a quick script where I can test agent and url. When I try to load my link it goes blank. No results. If I try some other page like www.google.com then it works. I have verified that I added the same agent as given by firefox. Still no results.
I have checked $snoopy->error but there are no errors.
I would be warmly grateful if somebody can help me out.

Here is my snoopy test code.
Code:
<?php
include ('Snoopy.class.php');
if(
$_POST['check']=='check')
{
$snoopy = new Snoopy;
$agent $_POST['agent'];
$link $_POST['link'];
$snoopy->agent $agent;
$snoopy->fetch($link);

print(
$snoopy->results);

//print_r( $snoopy->errorInfo());
echo $snoopy->error;
echo 
"link:$link";
echo 
"agen:$agent";
}
?>

<form action="CheckLink.php" method="post">
 Your agent: <input type="text" name="agent" value="<?echo $agent;?>" size="100">
 <br>
 Check reciprocal: <input type="text" name="link" value="<?echo $link;?>" size="100">
<br>
<input type="submit" name="check" value="check">
</form>

Update on the problem.......
I think snoopy is the problem. Don't know what it is but it work with curl and Bompa tested with perl and there was no problem. I have also tried phpLD on my own server and it works.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:18:38 AM by nattsurfaren » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript