The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 10:54:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MySQL corruptions  (Read 2365 times)
m0nkeymafia
Expert

Check it!

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:32 AM »

On my main site, I get quite a lot of interaction and it requires heavy DB access.
The problem is that tables seem to become corrupted regularily, perhaps 1-2 times a week on random tables.
A simple optimize or repair fixes it, but obviously this creates down time for anyone looking at the site whilst its down.

Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this?
CHEERS LOVE YA  ROFLMAO

I am Tyler Durden
tommytx
Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »

What about setting up a cron to automatically run the fixer once each hour on all db's that normally get screwed up or have the cron check the error file and run fix on that db or if you are the programmer, add code following access to the db and if an error results warn you with email or even autorun the fixer on that db only.... if you dont know how to code it I may be able to help...

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »

Wow, MM I'm sorry I never saw this thread.

Tommy a cron job is the right direction, however if you have a huge DB (I have many like that) the optimize can put an undue load on the system.

I'd be more interested in seeing how you are corrupting the tables MM... I had a problem like that quite a while ago, but it is VERY irregular for MySQL to regularly puke on you... would you care to talk about what you're doing and maybe we can triage it?

If you even remember you posted this thread  ROFLMAO

(Thanks Tommy, can't believe I missed this one...)

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript