The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 12:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lead generation with PHP  (Read 2139 times)
Tom Strong
n00b

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »

Hello fellow members,

It is time to cut the adnetworks from the equation and build my own lead generation system. Any thoughts on the functionalities of such a system ?

What I'm thinking :

. Announcer registration
. Campaign creation and management with the standard banner formats : 728x90,468x60,120x600 and 300x250
. Send daily reports of leads to announcer ?
. HTML Banner upload --> OpenX
. Log each lead generated
. Announcer can view the generated leads by day
. Integration with Paypal

Missing something here ?

So for example an announcer wants to buy 100 leads:
1) Opens an account
2) Makes the request of 100 leads
3) Paypal
4) Campaign waiting for admin approval
5) Campaign automatically launched
6) ??

Waiting for your opinions  Smiley

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »

Opinions, hmm. I think we ought to let the kids sing.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 06:17:51 AM »

Sounds good man.

It's a royal headache. More power to you if you make it work.

If you serve from OpenX or another self-hosted solution, you're going to get your advertisers arguing with you over numbers *every single mont*. You need a third-party certified ad hosting solution to avoid that headache.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »

Oh alright, I'll be serious.

Although not specifically lead generation, a huge component of my business is a framework for business that allows me to create whatever type of business backend that they might need. It has evolved into a really clear set of very powerful components that I can recombine and task in any way that I want.

I'm currently into the 3rd version. I have been coding steadily on it since 2001. The first version was in object Pascal on a nix server and had over 200K lines of code. It is still in operation for several of our retail stores. The second was in PHP and Ajax with a little JS - it is still in operation for most of our clients. The 3rd version is about 80% JS, 20% PHP and all ajax. It is incredibly fast, strong and behaves like a normal desktop app, including hip features like custom events and drag and drop. We have leveraged it into huge success and our clients are incredibly happy.

So all that said, what I'd like to offer is that you will spend a substantial portion of your life creating a system to manage stuff like that. It may, or may not, be worth it to you. If you have the discipline to pull it off, it will be an asset that no one else will have and it will be a huge differentiator when you are trying to score clients. If, however, you're in love with programming it will become the black hole of financial death.

BTW: Don't go paypal: get yourself a merchant account and do it big-boy style. It'll take just a little more work, but the increase in perceived value will be big. Having a merchant account and merchanting system that is all yours will open up your mind to whole other ways you can use it to make money.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »

actually, you can use paypal just like a merchant account, without the customer even knowing. Its a "big boy" merchant style account, but way easier... lol Plus you can offer paypal checkout as an option, with little extra effort and without splitting your money across multiple accounts.
You have to use the Website Payments Pro under the paypal merchant services area.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside

Pricing
    * $30.00 USD monthly
    * No set-up fees
    * No cancellation fees
Transaction fees 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Tom Strong
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

Late thanks  Wink

I'll post the details of the system soon  Smiley

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript