The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum
 
*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 01:08:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length


Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: code obfuscation/encryption  (Read 3397 times)
mrsdf
Rookie
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 20



View Profile
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:28:03 PM »

This is related to PHP, but other languages such as javascript have the same problem, the code is out there for anyone to see... Are you using zend encoder/other commercial software, some free obfuscating tool, custom stuff or just don't care about your long hours of work being out there in plain text?
Logged

We're sp4mmin', we're sp4mmin', I hope you like sp4mmin' too...
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10096



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

Regarding PHP, my code is blissfully locked up in my own servers and I do not have to share.

But my JS is pretty much out in the open... not that I relish the thought of people taking my work and running with it, but I, also, have stood on the shoulders of great men...  Wink
Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
JasonD
Expert
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 100


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:26 AM »

An interpreted language is exactly that .... interpreted.

You can obfuscate it and it will stop 80% of those that want to see it, and to be brutally honest I wouldn't worry about the other 20% cos if they can reverse it they can probably already write their version of your code anyway.

Even Zend and others aint much of a problem thanks to PHP itself being open source and the power of "sprintf"

If you want to take a peek at some obfuscation then head over to  http://reveal.in

it's Perl rather than PHP but the principles are the same. I use it for recruitment reasons!
Logged
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10096



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »

You can obfuscate it and it will stop 80% of those that want to see it, and to be brutally honest I wouldn't worry about the other 20% cos if they can reverse it they can probably already write their version of your code anyway.


SSHHHHhhhhhh!

No no no. Just obsfucate away, none of us can read it. Send me everything you've got so that I can test and make sure.  Wink

/p
Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 585



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:33:20 PM »

It is written that if it can be written it can be unwritten.

Cheers,
td
Logged

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10096



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »

Oh yeah? Where is that written?
Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 585



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »

Jeez, in the book of unwritten laws of course! Come on people.........

Cheers,
td

[edit] Forgot to conjugate the verb "to go" [/edit]
Logged

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC
Seo4Smf v0.2 © Webmaster's Talks


Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!