The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 11:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: apc and xdebug  (Read 3128 times)
webguy332
n00b

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »

How well do these two play together? I've heard stories, mostly negative,
especially about incompatibilities with wp software, forums etc.

I'm trying to learn how to really optimize php code. If anyone wants to get
into some advanced php code optimization talk, that would be cool.

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »

Don't know about XDebug, but I don't need a debugger in any case (he said with impressive confidence) - but APC is the cat's meow. Plug and play (pretty much) and instant performance increase. As soon as you get your arms around using it for user caching as well you can get into some really efficient mods for your code.

Do it all the time, ping if you want ideas.
/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
webguy332
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »

Don't know about XDebug, but I don't need a debugger in any case (he said with impressive confidence) - but APC is the cat's meow. Plug and play (pretty much) and instant performance increase. As soon as you get your arms around using it for user caching as well you can get into some really efficient mods for your code.

Do it all the time, ping if you want ideas.
/p

Well the only reason to work with xdebug is to see about the bottlenecks in php scripts, too bad you can't see more info without
cakephp which I think is fine if you like wasting your time installing it just to see actual queries since you can see how many
queries are being run but not the actual query rambling willie bla bla blah.

APC is great even though you need to turn off Zend Optimizer which a lot of popular scripts use such as
the halfagain stuff and thats why some folks do without it oh well life isn't perfect, true.

Well all I gotta say is let the servers burn or just install the new openads 2.4.* and DIY.

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript