The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 06:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've Installed - what now?  (Read 1544 times)
Q_noob
n00b

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »

I've downloaded phpMyIDE, unzipped and followed the Install file and testinstall.php gives me lots of OKs and a few "deprecateds".
I must be thick, but what do I do now?

btw I've got a fresh Wamp installation of Apache, PHP and MySQL and after realising phpMyAdmin doesn't seem to handle stored procedures well came here.

Thanks!
 Need Help

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »

phpMyIDE is for writing/maintaining stored procedures on your MySQL database.

The simplest thing would be to attempt to write a little stored procedure, and call it from the console.

In the top quadrant, select Script Explorer, then select your database. The click the "Stored Procedures" radio. Then click the "Add" button. It should ask you for the name of your new procedure. Name it "HelloWorld."

Then editor will show up in the bottom plane with your blank new script. Do something enormously simple like:

select 'Hello World';

... and save the procedure. Then click on the Command Prompt tab in the bottom plane. Type "use (your database name)" and press return. It should respond with "OK." Then type "call HelloWorld()" and press return. You should see the echo from your script.

The most typical problems here are permissions. If your host does not allow you to author/maintain scripts in your database then this will not work - but if you got pretty much all OKs and no errors with the testinstall, then it is probably OK.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Q_noob
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:09:01 AM »

Thanks for the prompt reply - but my question really is basic.  How do I actually "start" phpMyIDE in order to see the "console", the "top quadrant" and the rest?  Having installed apparently successfully nothing seems to have changed - no new icons on the desktop, no new options in phpMyAdmin.  I'm sure I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but ...

Q_noob
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 02:49:43 AM »

Aha ... www.localhost/main.php   D'oh!

Also couldn't see any databases in the script explorer, but then realised I'd got it in IE & not Firefox  Embarrassed

Thanks for your help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript