The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 01:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: css noob  (Read 3423 times)
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »

can someone pretty please guide me in my approach
inline css to make a page look like this? I will shampoo each and
every one of you that responds, it will feel awesome.

* table.png (21.64 KB, 816x357 - viewed 236 times.)

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »

Why inline? That's gonna be a lot more code than you need and will process slower.

Perfect example of a header-included separate .css file.

But all that aside, what exactly of this is giving you trouble?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »

I'm also betting that the site includes jQuery, given the look of the date picker icon.

Is jquery.js included on that page?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »

Im taking some quiz to see if i can get a job in a php shop ive never done any css ever
(i know, sad) the question says:

"Take the attached screenshot and make an html page that matches.  Use
inline css in the <head> section to keep it a single .html file.  Attach the
file in the email."

im looking at it thinking make some tables and alternate the colors of each row
im reading the css tutorial and i just want to know how you would start
the process.... am i close on the tables ive always been sort of lost on design anyway
can you give me an example of how it would look so i can have a frame of reference?

ive always failed miserably at design and other ideas i remember where using photoshop
to dissect an image and export as html tables,  or using absolute positioning of pieces of
pictures that make a box or whatever... really i just want to print a fixed width ascii text
file and build strings of all my own reports but thats where im coming from to a never
really go into the table method and lost on how to reproduce that image with css i get
defining classes and using them but i just want to know how would you swing the shovel
to get the job started , meaning how should i approach the question im lOST!

would it be some divs with tables and a td class for one color and a td class for the other colors?
absolute positioning some images?

grr...

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »

Oh man LOL you've got a lot to cover and really fast.

I'm out at the moment but will respond later and will show you some stuff. We can nail that down right quick.

You'll use jQuery to alternate rows, we'll make you look like an old pro.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »

BTW "inline" to me refers to styling elements that are actually inline to the HTML ... IOW, <div style="font-size: 12px;"> rather than putting it either in the header (as theyve called out here) or in an external file.

I may not be able to do this till tomorrow, but we can knock this out and give you a quick acceleration into this stuff as well.

(BTW I'm out on errands with PinkHat so I'm posting whenever we stop for a moment)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:06:43 PM by perkiset » Logged

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »

Yea i was already confused and as i read around it said inline would be tag by tag
as opposed to internal... perhaps they typoed the difference...

thx, that would be sweet i may not get the job but id
 at least like to hash out what i dont know and stuff...

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:01:26 PM »

KK Phae, I'm starting a new thread with a tutorial, check it here:

http://www.perkiset.org/forum/css_html_seo_cloaking/building_contemporary_sites_with_css3_and_jquery-t3655.0.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript