The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korg Kronos  (Read 3629 times)
cobray
n00b

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »

I just bought my first real synth/workstation and am very happy with it.  It is everything I've ever wanted and them some (a lot more) in one box.  Sometimes I think this thing is bottomless.  Really inspires my creativity.  Anyone else into synths/keyboards?

"...and each day was a day the others never had, so to the best of my ability, whenever I thought about it, I'd tried to live the days well and to appreciate the extra time." Nelson DeMille
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:12 AM »

yep...but give me a big fat unstable analogue synth anyday. Moog, Roland SH ...mmmmm...filters
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »

Gotta love the big old analogs. I had a lot of Oberheim and it was thick and smooth and wonderful.

But I've been lured by the dark side and have gone completely digital. The OP-X plugin is pretty damn good and is a lot easier to cart about Smiley and although I miss the feel of the knobs, I don't miss the challenges.

Cobray, what kind of stuff are you doing with the Korg?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

Yeah.... for the most part I think everyone has been lured by the darkside. Me included mostly. Trouble is every time I hear the stuff that was actually recorded with real stuff it feels like there's a veil been lifted. Its the "drift" and Idiosyncrasies that make it good apparently.
cobray
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

Yes, I'd love to compare the sounds of an old analog next to my digital, though the piano sound is great. 
Perk, I've recorded a song on it that I plan to share with you once I polish it up.  I also use it to practice piano, very nice with the weighted keys and all. 
I meant to ask you for a list of songs I should learn and practice for when I come visit.  What's in the setlist?

"...and each day was a day the others never had, so to the best of my ability, whenever I thought about it, I'd tried to live the days well and to appreciate the extra time." Nelson DeMille
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »

Heh. I'll give it a look and see where keys will fit in. Since we've been all 3-piecey for the last couple years, it's been very guitar oriented. And now things are changing up even more (I'll detail you privately on that one) so the set list is changing up even more. A lot more fun and funky, syncopated and intricate. Stuff that makes us old geezers feel great. think Little Feat, String Cheese Incident, Steely Dan ... Fun fun stuff.

But all that said, since you'll be the guest, you definitely need to come up with a bunch that you'd like to play and we'll get in behind you mate Smiley

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
cobray
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »

Cool! I'll be giving it some thought.  And a lot of practice....I need to get a lot better if I can hang with you guys! 

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »

Email me some ideas for tunes you'd like to play and we'll give them a look Smiley

cobray
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »

Ok, but that slip of paper you gave me only has phone #'s and a snail mail address.  Can you PM me your email?

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »

Done!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript