The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 12:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Analog meets Digital: Moog and the iPad  (Read 6652 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »

This is pretty durn cool: Eric Persing is a world renown synthesist that builds sound modules for Spectrasonics (I own several of the pieces he put together).  Interestingly, he and a friend of mine went into business together in about '81, building MIDI interface software for the Apple ][ - I got his gig with a band called Jules and the Boys when they quit to build that business. Good times.

Anyhoo - Eric built the machine that you'll see in this link and accompanying video and demonstrated it at the NAMM show this year. It's gorgeous and a pretty neat confluence of analogue synths, 2 iPads, 2 iPod Touches and Spectrasonics software. He improvs for a while in the video - it starts to kick in nicely at about the 17:30 zone, but the improv starts at about 14:00 and is worth watching, if just to see how a master spins his own gears to get something happening.

http://www.cultofmac.com/a-marriage-of-analog-and-digital-the-moog-synthesizer-meets-the-ipad/77456

Enjoy!

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »

Nice looking machine.  Awfully nerdy creator though Wink

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »

He's QUITE nerdy. But I've seen several tutorial videos with him now on various packages I've purchased. Really knows his stuff and is very front edge about trying things in music and technology. I find it enjoyable watching him go.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Booker
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »

It really depends on what you want. The iPod Touch, is like an iphone that can't make phone calls. You can buy them for around $200 if you want the 8GB version all the way to $350 for the 64GB version. The iPod Touch is great for listening to music and playing games but can only use internet when its within range of an open wifi network.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:03:24 PM by perkiset » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript