The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 06:02:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW DREAMWEAVER ERROR  (Read 4471 times)
twersk
n00b

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »

Hey all...Saw the JavaScript thread and figured I could ask this of you all. I have been using Dreamweaver 8 for a while now...in fact, it is Dreamweaver that taught me HTML. So, after almost 3 years Shocked I got an error that I never had before. It is not allowing me to paste regular html...i.e. copying a basic dotted line from one page to another..."mm.event has no properties" and it seems to refer to javascript as being something to do with this.

I have a lot of code on the pages already and each script works well. So I attached an image of what I am getting and I wonder if you can tell me what I am missing...thx.

* nightmareweaver.jpg (213.27 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 309 times.)

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »

This is a standard feature of DreamWeaver. If it notices that you have been using it for 3 years and still don't hand roll your code then it boots you out of the nest much like a mother bird and her chicks.

It's time man. Ditch the training wheels and go pro Wink

(Other than that, I have no friggin' clue at all)

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
twersk
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

Thank you for your extremely constructive solution... Praise...you are so well informed and I can't wait to apply your techniques listed. Applause

bt

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »

ROFLMAO well dude, I mean, really. Wink

So I did a quick google of your error and found a bunch of threads running back as far as 2005 that describe this exact situation. The aggregate answer seems to be to reinstall, but this thread http://www.highdots.com/forums/macromedia-dreamweaver/typeerror-mm-event-has-no-145828.html seemed to have more things you could try.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
twersk
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

Thx...I'll check out the links later. Pretty difficult typing out long html.

Love your strs and stripes pic...I was checking out the smileys above and it seems that we could add Don't make me... and then people would be REALLY scared!! (But the flag would def have to stay.)

Brad

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

Do you mean my Politics header at the blog? I get interesting comments about that a lot.

Good luck with it. Sounds frustrating.

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 06:10:31 AM »

You should type out HTML longhand anyway. Preferably using a real editor, like vi or emacs.

hai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript