The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 07:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: javascript to hover div under mouse....  (Read 2160 times)
svakanda
Expert

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »

I've been working on this all week, and BANGING my head against it tonight.  So On my test page everything works fine, it hovers the div under your mouse while you move it around....

http://ads.sitevana.com/object.php

when I try to install this into a wordpress setup, the div sits it's ass down and won't budge a step.  i am about ready to pull my hair out...er go take a shower.  does anyone have any suggestions?

the javascript is at
http://ads.sitevana.com/mousetrack.js

I have a strong suspicious it's a CSS based issue...since the javascript is rewriting the CSS.  I modified the div to be position:absolute; & z-index 10...but still no go.

a ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what it's for.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

When I go to your .js page it is a 404.

WP does some interesting things with CSS - Jammaster had some troubles with things here just a little bit ago along the same lines.

You realize, of course, how many people you're going to piss off with that little trick, right? Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
svakanda
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »

yeah wordpress made me very grumpy yesterday!  i guess i'll just have to like strip the css down to nil, and try it out & build upwards maybe that will help me find out what it is.

insofar as pissing people off...well, it will be running on my autoblogs...so as long as G ain't one of those peeps, I'm not terribly worried about it.

svakanda
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »

woops...fixed the .js reference

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript