The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 16, 2019, 05:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: evenin all...  (Read 2474 times)
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »

Hi folks

Just saying hi to everyone ! Just starting out in big old world of programming and 'puter stuff and this forum got suggested.Already looks interesting and ive been here 5 mins and I see perkiset is a gear slut ! sweet...bit of a muso myself so i feel at home already. I get all warm and fuzzy at the mention of oberheim and hammond.Mmmm...leslie cabinet.

Cheers all.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »

lordy another music tard...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »

No kidding? You get all mushy at the notion of a Leslie? You're OK in my book pal. I recently sold my Proline 860 and am using a Muse Receptor for my B3 tones... it's great because it weighs, well, about 1/100th of the Leslie LOL... I also have a package called OP-X which is an OB-X emulator for the receptor which is actually cleaner and sweeter than my old Matrix 12 (not as nice as my original OB-X though).

Welcome to the Cache Dee.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:02:04 PM »

blicko glackto naribdo ductor.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »

ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dee
Journeyman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 04:05:25 AM »

Nutballs......i aint no tard (insert banjo noises here etc ).My mum says im just special.  Violin

Perkiset. Receptor rocks....its pretty awsome. And totally bomb proof ! I dragged one around and gave it a good bouncing on the road. Solid as a solid thing thats been made even harder.
Still cant beat the real thing though. Its all the little dings and wrong bits that give an instrument its character. Same for all things playable and not made of silicon really !

Bang for buck and back pain to weight ratio, modelled instruments win for most people though.

Thanks for the welcomes.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 08:08:02 AM »

Perkiset. Receptor rocks....its pretty awsome. And totally bomb proof ! I dragged one around and gave it a good bouncing on the road. Solid as a solid thing thats been made even harder.
Still cant beat the real thing though. Its all the little dings and wrong bits that give an instrument its character. Same for all things playable and not made of silicon really !
Totally agree, although for certain applications, particularly when layering and ambience this *is* the real thing LOL... and frankly, I'd rather lose some of the character from my old dyno-d Rhodes and lose the weight as well Wink

I'm in the middle of an interesting project with it right now - I've commissioned a 17" touch screen interface and am trying to get it installed right now. I had to hack the receptor to get root access but am making progress. I'll post in the music section on how that all goes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript