The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Where i think the future is in international law.  (Read 9570 times)
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:29:30 AM »

well... i see a world allied police force .... and the vanishing of the coolness of international waters and its[current yet waning] detachment from any nationality.

That captain is a pussy and if i was on a ship in international waters and someone grapple hooked my whip, id make crab bait out of his ass so fast...

... eye for an eye.  Unfortunately I see this turning into the United States of Obamica becoming the water police and all of the bureaucracy flooding its way into every ship at sea........ I mean we are the only one with a navy... u.k. doesnt count they are also pussies with bad teeth.   ROFLMAO

Whats next... Intergalactic Space Law?  No, we could never get all the technology together to inhabit space... not at thi s pace.

.... maybe by the time i escape to sea it will have to be underwater like:

http://www.jul.com/

.... or perhaps even the netherworld.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:31:33 AM by jammaster82 » Logged

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »

Unfortunately I see this turning into the United States of Obamica becoming the water police and all of the bureaucracy flooding its way into every ship at sea....
You know, I thought you were joking about the whole US of Obamica thing. How on god's green earth can you POSSIBLY think that we are under more of an iron thumb, in a more dictatorial place or more oppressive either locally or internationally under a guy that wants to talk and negotiate first, as opposed to an unbelievably arrogant and unilateral, pseudo-Christian values asswipe of an ex-president? You've just got to be kidding. You've got to be. Or you've been hanging around the deep south too long and have become infected by their lack of critical thinking.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »

I am joking about the United States of Obamica.  I LOVE what hes doing and I LOVE him as a president.... i just dont think  that ultimately what he says matters.  I love democracy and everything but i just am one of those deep fried states rights kinda guys and i see the dissolution of our personal freedoms dwindling by the second... love my right to freedom of speech and exercising that muscle into shape as long as i can....

.. I just hope that Obama isnt just one step forward for another asswipe of two steps back.... I hope i am dialectically wrong here but i see a serious battle between states rights and federal jurisdiction even in the state of california where marijuana has been legalized by prescription..  The dispensaries' owners  camp out and film the feds actually violating the states rights to honor the STATES law and seizing all of it.  (See: Super High Me) So they end up winning claiming states rights but all their records and inventory werent returned.. I suppose soon it will slide off into the sea and become its own country but there the next figurehead will be with a police boat telling other people what they can or cant do in the middle of the fucking ocean...

And maybe the valley of the sun has torched your pulmonary system and baked your brains to the point where you cant get in touch with this good ol boy but i sure got YOU GOING DIDNT I!?!?!  I dont think we are under any more of an iron thumb than we were or ever will be i think that battle was lost when we went from silver certificate to federal reserve note.   

When we were in vietnam did we back out?  Yup... Korea???!?!? yup.... world war II... oop... wwI uh.... HOW ABOUT ....uhhhhhhhh..... all we do is invade countries then give them money.  If I were a poor country id hang my bare asshole in the air and hope the usa came and i wouldnt even fight the good fight...(see: shawshank redemption)   id sit back and wait for the usa alimony...... Cheesy

I love this country, dont get me wrong, and im proud to be able to exercise my freedom of speech... i dont think the smoky mirror of a black democratic dancing on ellen daytime tv president is gonna *UHHHHHHHHHHHH* get me drunk enough to melt down my shotgun....

I mean the last war this pussy ass country of ours won was the one we fought against ourselves and damnit we kicked our own asses in the civil war...makes me kind of wonder if we ever would have invented gasoline motors and industrial machines if we could have kept pawning the labor off in our caste like system... i mean quite possibly IMO the invention of the telegraph and the transatlantic cable could very well have been the impetus of the civil war, the industrial revolution, and to date the war over ENERGY. dot dot dash dash... your doing what with human beings!?!?!?!! holy shit!?!?!!

Whether its people being treated unjustly and made to do the work or wasting fossil fuel and stretching out plastic bags so we could idiotically decorate our tree limbs and it be (not american beauty) but more like the ugliest thing ive ever seen.   So here we are fighting over the oil.   When we could be harvesting methane hydrate and fueling the entire world and then some... I havent paid the power company a dime in over two months now... but im still burning gas.... working on that though.

Smooch

Bring it on , buddy im all about some politic rantin and ravin ' like .... thats what we call it here in these parts....

SOUTH GOIN'NA RISE AGAIN>>> BOY!!!

ROFLMAO

i just got off a job and my client gave me a couple shots of whiskey.... maybe i shouldnt be posting under the influence... (hunkers down and waits for the world police to confiscate computer.)

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:31:55 AM »

I retract my statement about the captain.

He is not a pussy and he tried to escape and
gave his life (possibly) for his ship.

THANK THE NAVY EASTER SEALS!!!!!

(might not even be a coincidence..... but GO SEALS)

I retract my statement about captain phillips..

And remain in my stance about our KICK ASS NAVY...

GO SEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YEAH THAT

IS

EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT SOME SEVERE SERIOUS MILITARY PRO-ACTIVE ACTION

GO NAVY!!! GO USA!!!!!!!

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
--Albert Einstein

hai
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »

Nice quote selection vsloathe - one of my faves.  It doesn't matter which country you're living in.  Applying football mentality such as "my team is #1!" to your views of your country and opinions of politics strips away any credibility to your words.  Sorry to be harsh Jammaster82, but you sound intelligent and brainwashed.

Go USA!!

is less inspiring than assisting in a keg-stand, since at least beer has substance.

The ideal Navy is one that's never needed.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

Quote from: ThomasJefferson

“Every generation needs a new revolution.” -Thomas Jeffferson

I just think its fucked up that its illegal to be revolting but I simultaneously love that I am free to express my opinion.

I agree choke  them with the dust of your feet but i just admire the skill of the seals.  I completely disagree with our military action.  I think natural consequences should happen.  International waters is outside of any law and the usa just happens to be the biggest muscle in the drink.

Hands down our navy kicks ass.  and the skill of our seals put any military force in the world to shame.

I dont think it is the federal governments place to administer force in the open ocean but i am in awe of the skills of the navy seals.

I think that natural selection and natural consequences  should ensue and that the federal governments only provision should be protection and in this case a us citizens life was in danger and was protected.

The next  attack seemed to have been thwarted rather efficiently. I'm glad the ships crew  took their own pro active action and would offer that this is valid supporting evidence that personal/commercial ships should be allowed to carry their own arsenal reserve.... 

just like how i feel about the economy.  If wal mart shuts down true value hardware then so be it.  Whatever people really buy and do should be regulated by natural action never federal regulation.  And likewise with NATO, U.N. and other international/maritime activities.

Let the best man win.

jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »

@vs and einstein:

i think that if Einstein was such a peace loving freak then he would have destroyed his idea and all the nuclear earth shittinupon ideas and if he was so fucking brilliant then why didnt he shoot himself in the fucking head and keep his dumb ass mouth shut about nuclear energy and all of the toxic and mass destructive capabilities behind it.

some fucking genius.  someone is gonna drop the fucking bomb in my lifetime... very soon IMO and Dios only knows what's going on from Chernobyl and  Iwojimasaki.

respectfully,

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »

Einstein did not invent the atomic bomb - he did all the math and theory that made it possible. His work, although warped for the weapon, was responsible for all kinds of magnificent and profound discoveries and developments. He worked with the Nazis for a bit on that stuff but was reticent. The honor of Father of the Atomic Bomb actually goes to Robert Oppenheimer.

It's hard, IMO, to disparage Einstein for his work - many things are mutated and used in horribly wrong ways. Think of the simple combination of a water and a board. Or pliers and fingernails. or AutoPilot. Converted and tweaked to be the management system for nuclear cruise missiles.

It was a very different world when that weapon was created. The Russians were working on it, as were the Germans. We needed to get there first. And the use of it over Nagasaki and Hiroshima was arguably as much a demonstration to tell the Russians to sit down and shut up as it was to shut the Japanese down. I don't like their existence and don't like proliferation. But Pandora's box has been opened and the world is where it is. If we hadn't done it, the Russians would have - and perhaps given us a very different demonstration. You never know. I don't blame Einstein for any of this. He was greatly distressed at what had been done with his research, till the day he died.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:15 PM »

I read a book on the history of the atomic bomb a long time ago.  Perkiset is right, though I'd like to add a few thoughts.  Taking a quote from About.com:

"On August 2, 1939, just before the beginning of World War II, Albert Einstein wrote to then President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Einstein and several other scientists told Roosevelt of efforts in Nazi Germany to purify uranium-235, which could be used to build an atomic bomb. It was shortly thereafter that the United States Government began the serious undertaking known then only as "The Manhattan Project." Simply put, the Manhattan Project was committed to expediting research that would produce a viable atomic bomb. Chief among the people who unleashed the power of the atom was Robert Oppenheimer, who oversaw the project from conception to completion."

From my understanding, Einstein was really more of a messenger that issued the warning about what Nazi Germany was trying to produce.  Einstein was a brilliant, giving, and peaceful man who spent the last years of his life trying to disprove relativity due to the inherent conflicts with quantum physics.  His contribution to humanity should be honored, forever.  All of that said, you sound like a good person and I always appreciate people who take the time to express their thoughts and views. 

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."  - Albert Einstein

Cheers,
Adam

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »

I think that natural selection and natural consequences  should ensue and that the federal governments only provision should be protection and in this case a us citizens life was in danger and was protected.

That's true. It's not like he was trespassing on their territory.

Oh wait...

I don't think any party is categorically right or wrong here, but there is a reason that well over 70% of the Somali population supports the efforts of these pirates.

hai
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »

Personally I think taking action was the right thing to do, given the situation.  However, Somalia is a failed state that wouldn't even be news-worthy unless some pesky pirates started injuring us where it hurts the most - our precious pocketbooks.  It's amazing how we completely ignore the most inhuman conditions in the world until it's in our strategic (financial) interest to tune-in.  Sadam Hussein was par for the course when it comes to "bad" dictators in the Middle East.  Sure he was bad, just like Osama and now we have a new bogie to focus on: kill the pirates!!

America demands the transport of vast amounts of goods that just happen to pass by a population of desperate people who have nothing to lose.  We could either take the long route adding 6-7 days to each ship and dramatically increasing the cost to consumers and the environment, beef up the Navy in the area (tax payers get the bill), or other expensive measures. 

Just as an experiment, if we took 1/2 of this cost and provided food, medical and other necessities to Somalia, I wonder if the problem would go away or ease significantly.  Perhaps not but it's worth a try.  But shooting teenagers (pirates) as they endlessly flow out of Somalia to either die or have a chance to profit, seems like shooting water at the tips of flames - IMO.  The barbed wire approach is pretty funny.  Someday the whole world will look like freeway signs with razor wire to keep the taggers away.  Reminds me of the movie Brazil.

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »

Certainly. The captain in any case would have been only following orders to be there, so the fault is clearly not his and it was clear that his life had to be saved.

Considering that, I think isthisthingon and I agree quite a bit.

I am indeed concerned that so many would see this situation in general as so black and white, and consider its only solution to be violence.

hai
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 01:57:06 AM »

Problem is Americans want to have their cake and eat it also.
They complain about lack of freedom, but when something goes wrong who do they blame ? The government. From lack of jobs, to their kids ending up spoiled brats because they are bad parents etc.

In the philippines you can basically do what ever you want. So not such things as zoning laws.
You want to build a nuclear reactor in your back yard, go for it.
On the other hand don't complain to the government when your neighbor does the same thing.

You want to start any type of buisness with no government regulation, heck you can do that too.
You start a food buisness, no regulation, on the other hand when your customers all get sick and die, well don't complain to the government.
On the other hand, probably the relatives of the customers who died will arrange for a nasty accident to happen to you.

People who do not work, the end up on the streets. If they can not survive there they die.
Darwinism at its finest.
On the other hand you can come off the street, start a buisness and end up one of the worlds richest men in 50 years, from literally nothing.

I like it. But most americans are weak and can not handle it.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 06:43:30 AM »

Well without the support of a family, which many do not have, you would wind up dying on the streets here as well. Many do. Granted, many of those people have serious substance abuse problems, but I digress.

Compassion is a trait that our species evolved for a reason. It's not some magical extemporaneous attribute that we all had thrust upon us from the heavens. Compassion gives us a competitive advantage over the beasts of the field, because our evolution has taken a different course than theirs. In the wild, it is all strength and brute force and speed. For humans, it is the mutations that have made us physically incapable freaks - weaklings with oversized brains - that has enabled us to "have dominion" over the world. These attributes are not selected naturally, out in the dog-eat-dog world, and that is why we value compassion, love, human happiness.

hai
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript