The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to Do When You Receive a BSA Audit Letter  (Read 3234 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »

http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/Projects-Management/What-to-Do-When-You-Receive-a-BSA-Audit-Letter/

The very best thing to do is write back and say "you are mistaken, we only use open source software and there is no need for any audit". But if you can't honestly say that, this looks like the best advice. - Simon Phipps

Ditto

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »

Egads.

What gives the BSA the power to compel subpoenas necessary to actually crawl through your information? I mean, let's say you're a hosting organization  Roll Eyes How could they compel you to crawl into your client's private sandboxes?

Seems kind of like JasonD's old game of sending a "You are in copyright violation with your domain, you need to give it to us immediately" scam. He was WAY too successful with that one.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
emmanuelg
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »

Use something this service: www dot fastslm dot com and reply to them that you are sure of being 100% compliant. Grin

Monitor all the company computers 24/7 and get alerts about unlicensed or illegal software.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:05:46 PM by perkiset » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript