The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VOIP frickin' rocks.  (Read 1222 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

So. PinkHat and I decide to escape the kids, clients and y'all for a night last night and head off to a local boutique hideaway. Life is good till I realize that I DON'T HAVE MY PHONE.

Panic ensues. However, after a Xanax beats back the DTs, I remember that my iPad is SIP connected to my VOIP account which, some of you may remember, PinkHat and I have converted to. Our business lines are there and our personal lines are moving, as well as us being "dialed extension" away from a couple clients. Much more than Vonage, this mechanism allows me systems-level control over whatever I want to do with phone streams.

After making/taking a couple calls from my iPad as if I were at my desk, I remember that I've been working towards this for a long time and it's slipped in when I wan't paying attention. Much more than GVoice or Skype or whatever, this is my for-reals desk lines, home lines and more, available with me wherever I go. And not just on my phone, but on my pad, notebook etc.

So now as I sit here, listening to my Macbook Pro fans spool up in the Arizona heat, I remember why I was on such a jag to make it all work. The geographically abstract office. It isn't perfect yet, but damn, it's getting pretty close.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »

Sounds pretty cool!!

Too bad telemarketing is dead .... if only it had lived to see VOIP in all its glory!

I was doing some super sick sms marketing last summer with Gvoice... just
contacted hundreds of people an hour with google voice sms off of a craigslist
ad that said 'text this number..' then i could take 100 responses in an hour as opposed
to answering the phone, giving my pitch, etc...   And to think 10 years ago i ran up
a 500$ SMS bill when I had the infosphere sms me whenever a sale was made, in real
time..before I realized the messages were 1$ a piece.. ha!

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript