The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 16, 2019, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. missiles kill 5 suspected militants in Pakistan  (Read 1989 times)
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:37 AM »

U.S. missiles kill 5 suspected militants in Pakistan

This is all over the news right now.

Maybe I am slow, but these people were SUSPECTED militants?

Is it right-policy that if the US gov SUSPECTS you of militancy, it's ok to kill you?

Bompa

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:45:22 AM »

important question.... i think the homeland security act already has stuff in it to allow you to be
whisked away in a white van never to be seen by your family again ..... to preemptively thwart
suspected terrorist activity.

So if they think you might be thinking of a terrorist act, theres a clause in there that allows them
to pre arrest you..  Sounds a lot like the horror stories they used to tell us about the evil RUSSIA
when i was in school.

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »

Vexing and troubling.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

It gets worse....

...NBC News obtained and published a 16-page white paper that gives the green light for targeting individual Americans anywhere outside the U.S. for assassination—without oversight from Congress or the courts, and even if the U.S. citizen in question is not actively plotting a specific terrorist attack.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cia-nominee-brennan-faces-tough-questions-confirmation-hearing-093053057--politics.html

I had to read that several times.

That clip is about drone assassinations, but I doubt that it's limited to just drones.
Why risk an expensive drone when a sniper can do the job?

Our own CIA can assassinate us if we leave the US.  I am in .ph, so I could be a target.

But why would they target me?  Dunno. Faulty information?  Setup?  Look like someone else?

I think they've gone just a bit too far.

Bompa

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15:02 PM »

But why would they target me?  Dunno. Faulty information?  Setup?  Look like someone else?

Shitty spam. You deserve it  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript