The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 07:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that aliens exist  (Read 2506 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/nasascientistfindsevidenceofalienlife

It's funny to me that claims of this type would attract such intense negative attention from skeptics around the world.  What we're talking about is fossilized bacteria in a meteorite, and everybody flips their shit about it.  Are we really so stuck on the idea that Earth is the only place where life exists in the universe that even ancient bacteria remains from another solar system is off the table? 

However, if you think about it, with enough time and evolution who knows what could evolve in such an environment.  I mean really, what could possibly be more destructive and dangerous than us?  ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »

Are we really so stuck on the idea that Earth is the only place where life exists in the universe that even ancient bacteria remains from another solar system is off the table? 

Um, yes. Dude we're in a place where evolution is once again being called a faulty wrong theory, pure creationism is a valid fact that should be taught in schools and "simple natural law" defines that same sex unions are absolutely wrong and against God's will. Didn't you get the memo?

To me, this is beyond Duh, but the caliber and depth of stupidity that pervades these United States right now is beyond belief. Religiosity is on the rise, as is hatred, bigotry and closed minded conservatism. Oh BTW did you hear that global warming is actually good for us?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »

Oh BTW did you hear that global warming is actually good for us?

ROFLMAO

Like the valuable beach front property you'll have in AZ when CA earthquakes itself off the map.  That = good too  Roll Eyes

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »

Nice find ITTO
To me, this is beyond Duh, but the caliber and depth of stupidity that pervades these United States right now is beyond belief. Religiosity is on the rise, as is hatred, bigotry and closed minded conservatism. Oh BTW did you hear that global warming is actually good for us?
Applause Applause
"Western Science" itself is falling into the "religion mindset" trap.
"Global Warming" is a classic example. Evidence shows we are in a "warming period".
But when scientists make statements like "Global Warming is a forgone conclusion", "Global warming is caused by increased CO2 emissions","Global Warming should not be questioned", they differ little from the pope issuing the statement "The sun goes around the earth".

What would have happened 100 years ago, when Einstein made his discoveries, if Scientists made the statement.
"Newtonian physics is a forgone conclusion", "Newtonian physics should not be questioned".
In western science I see this trend all over the place. It is a very dangerous trend.

And yah perks, "religous freaks" play a part in it also. It is extremely dangerous.
USA does not lack resources, smart people etc. The main reason why they are in a mess is because of a shortage of new ideas.
They are using 60 year old solutions to fix today's problems.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:51:00 AM »

...but the caliber and depth of stupidity that pervades these United States right now is beyond belief. ...

I think you watch too much TV.

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »

ROFLMAO Actually I spend too much time talking to people here. My client base alone fills me in on this attribute Bomps.

Bear in mind this is Arizona we're talking about here, but all in all, given where we are today, I don't think I'm that far off base.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »

...but the caliber and depth of stupidity that pervades these United States right now is beyond belief. ...
I think you watch too much TV.

Tea Party - no TV required.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript