The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 12:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pink ribbons get tied in knots  (Read 2424 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:49:33 AM »

Komen Foundation Reverses Decision On Planned Parenthood

http://consumerist.com/2012/02/komen-foundation-reverses-decision-on-planned-parenthood.html

It appears to me that they pretty much had their asses handed to them by the public opinion backlash.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

There was some mighty backpedellin' a goin' on ...

I'll betcha that the looney right thinks they can literally investigate them to death. You know the thing that pisses me off the most? Those same f&*kers are all fine about how MY tax dollars are spent to kill people that THEY think need killing, but don't want THEIR tax dollars spent on a woman having an abortion.

Religion is the root of all evil.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »

I think the Komen Foundation may have shot themselves in the head rather than the foot.

Despite their backpedaling after the huge public backlash, I will never give them another dime.  There are plenty of other worthy charities, including those which focus on breast cancer (for those looking to support that specific cause.)  I see no reason to hand my dollars to an organization so willing to bend over for the right-wing zealots.  I can't imagine that many, many others won't feel the same way after this debacle.  This may begin a precipitous decline, which I think is deserved.  Hopefully other organizations will take up the slack (and the donations) and the worthy cause of breast cancer research/education/prevention won't be diminished.

And when they want to route their pink ribbon walk past my home again, I'll be half-tempted to throw tacks on the sidewalk. Angry
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »

people will forget. Komen just needs to keep their mouth shut for a while, and back to biz as usual. Everyone is a freakin 10 second tom in the country.

twitter folks were pissed though. lol

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript