The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos say a thousand words ...  (Read 2368 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen a picture that more accurately presages the corporate climes and attitude of two different entities better.

A neat blast from the past. The providence of the picture is unknown, but this is thought to be Jobs' California home, early 80s.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »

Never seen this pic but wow, it's definitely worth >= 1K words Wink

Dueling facades. Harmless and barefoot & the innocent nerd pretend to be friends. Something tells me they're still secretly planning to wind up "beating" the other one in the game of life & business.

And I thought Jobs lived in Cupertino, not Hobbiton  ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »

Dueling facades. Harmless and barefoot & the innocent nerd pretend to be friends. Something tells me they're still secretly planning to wind up "beating" the other one in the game of life & business.
ROFLMAO No lie, perfectly put. I'd not be surprised if that pictures was completely planned at the behest of each, for the express purpose of subtly expressing how they want to be perceived.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:17 PM »

Actually though, they were never enemies. And even early on they highly respected each other and benfited from each other. In the 80's this may have an actual "meeting of the minds" and trying to figure out how to plot out the next 30 years of "competition".

Lol

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »

Ha - world domination aside, at least we're not IBM! (says Bill and Steve)

Gates in this pic with his high-water slacks is every bit as conservative as "big blue." But nice thought - that both were feigning pre-nemesis's while actually concealing their sordid metro-lover relationship in the guise of Utopia-via-tech  ROFLMAO

Wait, what did you mean exactly??

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

Actually, the more I look at that the funnier it gets. The pensive, thoughtful Gates in an I'm Really Thinking Significant Things pose ... Jobs in his We're Going To Change The World guise... the high water, the bare feet, the jeans, the white pocketed shirt... man that's a really classic shot.

Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:11:20 PM »

while actually concealing their sordid metro-lover relationship in the guise of Utopia-via-tech  ROFLMAO

thaats exactly what i was thinking with steve clutching his ring.... wondering if its cheating to
dream of hot gay nerd man love with an obviously sexually frustrated and guilt ridden gates.... i just
made a comment to it about the iCloud / azure post b4 i read this hahhaa

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript