The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 02:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: now THIS is a game controller for fps  (Read 4420 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/27982/nintendo-wii-hecklerampkoch-mp5-controller
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:49:06 AM »

Wow. Cripes how long will it be before a kid is accidentally shot when he's holding one of those?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »

Wow. Cripes how long will it be before a kid is accidentally shot when he's holding one of those?

No no!  Bad bad Timmy!!  Don't ever remove the orange tip Don't make me...

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »

>kids/cops

I have a friend who runs a big gaming site. First thing he said was 'need to paint that orange tip.'
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »

ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »

I can see so many "Don't taze me bro!" coming...

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:28:38 AM »

Police have been fooled by less. Maybe instead of trying to regulate toy manufacturers we should just hire cops who know what a gun looks like. Novel idea, I know.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

I think that's a bit harsh VS -

a Chinese company at the show has upped the firepower with a 1:1 scale Heckler & Koch MP5 sub-machine gun for the Wii.

...dark room, looking for bad guys, kid's got one ... it's happened before. With the kind of willingness bad guys seem to show for killing cops these days, the paranoia level is at an all time high. I've got nothing but respect for guys that are on that edge every day. I certainly don't want the job.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »

If they would stay where they're needed (which is not on people's private property), then the problem would go away. No-knock raids and other such nonsense are the cause of mistaken deaths and police violence. The War on Drugs, like the War on Terror and the War on Poverty (or a war on pretty much anything, it's all just spin-speak) is a failure. It has created more problems than it has solved, and has enabled a huge rift to form between police and us, who they consider "civilians" (NEWS FLASH: YOU'RE A CIVILIAN TOO). A minor point it may be, but it highlights the difference they see between "them and us". Their job description is not conducive to being the stereotypical "good cop". They have a simple job. Their job is to arrest and gather evidence against you. It is not to care about your guilt or innocence, and thus they do not. Ever watch The First 48? It's rife with detectives who go out of their way to follow a hunch about a suspect's guilt, in the face of overwhelming evidence of his innocence. It always has to be said that I'm not some nutjob who hates police, and I realize there are "good cops", but going on anecdotal evidence alone they are the exception. Most of the cops I've met are merely highschool bullies who never wanted to stop bullying. What is even the purpose of no-knock raids? It's to sate the hormonal urges of jackbooted thugs (SWAT teams) who literally do nothing but work out and shoot roids all day (I know some of them personally!). There is no way any reasonable person would authorize a no-knock raid, much less come up with the idea. In response, courts are beginning to rule that it's OK to open fire on police officers in my home who do not clearly identify themselves as such. GOOD ON THEM. Violence begets violence.

hai
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »

Exhibit A: http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2009/10/kill_a_kid_take_the_day_off.php

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 11:01:41 AM »

You mistake my point VS - that is not a vindication of police activities, it's a nod of the head to the stresses that they are under and just how close that gun looks to the real thing.

Take a high school bully - or perhaps a dweeb that never got laid in high school, give him a badge and some perceived power. Now keep in mind that he's no natural superman, so he's being ordered into places that he's scared to be ... trigger happy, freaked out... at the end of the day, whether he should have been (somewhere) or not, if someone's dead because of mistaken gun identification, the person that dies loses ... and then we lose as a society.

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »

Yeah I feel you.

I'm also jaded as I can't understand the desire or motivation to be a cop. A firefighter or EMT, sure. A cop? nah.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »

I'm also jaded as I can't understand the desire or motivation to be a cop. A firefighter or EMT, sure. A cop? nah.

oh BIG TIME.  Ditto Right on the dot meng.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript