The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lordy the apple pitch is feverish  (Read 990 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »

im actually now really curious.

The fact that Jobs has shown it to a few reporters before the launch, though threatened them with death and dismemberment, is seriously interesting and unlike him.

i cant see how a tablet would be "world changing"...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »

It really doesn't matter what it is but "sources" seem certain that it is a tablet.  Yet true to form, using his oldest and perhaps best trick in his book, Jobs manages to hide these surprise product debuts from his wife and the Lord.  The best part of this trick is the efficacy of its only true intention: to grab the world's attention and with as little marketing investment as possible.

It's honestly a beautiful thing to behold.  I don't have a tremendous amount of respect for marketing and sales as critical aspects of human existence.  I think these functions would be reduced in size and importance if the world was more educated and had accurate information about what we really want and what we don't want.  There's no need to sell me on a replacement tire if I already know what's the best, what's the cheapest and everything in between.  I'll take the best if I can afford it and think it's worth it.  Otherwise I'll save the money and go the discount route.  Dancing a mentally challenged Michelin Man around in a commercial with appeals to my sense of masculinity is a true waste of everyone's time, energy and money. 

Yet I believe marketing will always have a place in the world for all things where subjectivity, "cool," art expressions, and other forms of emotional purchasing or emotional decisions take place.  In that arena Apple looms like a marketing titan.  It's like trying not to look at the car accident you're slowly driving by.  I have a note to myself to read the Apple news on Wednesday and I mean seriously, who could be less in need of the news?

ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript