The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 12:53:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Job posting  (Read 3170 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »

Classic:

I'm looking for a SalesForce developer, a young boy with a deep knowledge of appexchange and who loves to work for a startup, also remotely.

One of the comments in this board:

Is it politically correct to request that a new hire be a "young boy?" Can I ask applicants to please be "ladies of a certain age?"

Ya think?

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

I think that "young boy" and "deep knowledge" in the same sentence just blew the TooFuckingWeirdOmeter off the scale.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

I understand he's also seeking qualities like naked ambition, and someone who can write clean and tight code.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:41 PM »

Horrible sounding, but...

I will assume it's an older guy, with probably very little modern programming knowledge. Has an idea, and figures a "young man" would know better and be cheap. The boy part is what makes it really creepy though...

The fact that is a remote gig makes it just barely word, not sordid.

My favorite job application I ever got when I was Dev director many eons ago, was from a chick.
In the envelope which was lavender:
Picture of her in an aerobics leotard.
A picture of her in a bikini.
A cover letter, on pink paper, with that vanilla-orange stripper scent on it.
a resume page on lavender

The resume was normal overall.
The coverletter however... (paraphrasing)
As you can see from the enclosed photos, I am a hot blond bombshell with 34DD breasts, a 26" waist, and a six pack. I am extremely flexible, energetic, and give great workouts.

We later found out she screwed up. She was a programmer, but moonlighted as an aerobics instructor. BORING.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:27:16 AM »

Classic:

I'm looking for a SalesForce developer, a young boy with a deep knowledge of appexchange and who loves to work for a startup, also remotely.

One of the comments in this board:

Is it politically correct to request that a new hire be a "young boy?" Can I ask applicants to please be "ladies of a certain age?"

Ya think?

Where is this board?

I worked briefly this summer hiring people .... my boss wanted HOT GIRLS to be
his secretary and obviously you cant ask that or anything so i just hired them through facebook where i could completely discriminate based upon their sexiness and age.

HAHAHAHA

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:26 AM »

I understand he's also seeking qualities like naked ambition, and someone who can write clean and tight code.

ROFLMAO

I expect that a healthy appreciation for viruses would be a benefit, as would a desire to backup.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »

ROFLMAO

I expect that a healthy appreciation for viruses would be a benefit, as would a desire to backup.

Oh yes, the successful candidate will be obsessed with backing up frequently.  Good one. 
 ROFLMAO
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »

virus free interface arranged by msb-lsb ___> most signifigant butt to the least signifigant butt...

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:57 AM »

virus free interface arranged by msb-lsb ___> most signifigant butt to the least signifigant butt...

Every butt is significant, trust me on that.   Grin
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 12:40:25 AM »

Every butt is significant, trust me on that.   Grin

Though not quite as "wise" as daviator, I emphatically concur on the butt tip.  Let no butt get left behind Wink

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript