The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 02:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus!  (Read 14768 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

ROFLMAO

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »

I am missing this entirely.

Sad

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »

Sung to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This."  I realize it's tasteless, but I'm just drawn that way  Devilish

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »

Also interesting:

and...

I know I'm headed for Hell.  But someone has to handle their IT Wink

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »

I'll drive the bus. I used to scare the out of medics in the ambulance. (was an emt)

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:54:48 PM »

I'll drive the bus.

ROFLMAO

Logic dictates that those who contribute will wind up with better digs in the lake of fire.  This shit ain't finite so for God's sake look busy!  Hell, if you and I work really hard I'll bet we'll get Xbox privileges!! Angel   The wost part about the highway to Hell is the food - but the people rule.  IMO, religion is a large shiny knife that can slice bread or your favorite hamstring

- Since the ultimate truth of teleology is unknown, all codes of morality are arbitrary -

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »

Oh you little boys with your little imaginary stories Smiley

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings because religious is a personal choice but at least for me it's just really hard for me to accept that there has ever been Jesus when nobody seems to have seen him according to history books/records from the time he was suppose to do absolute amazing miracles.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:30:44 AM »

but at least for me it's just really hard for me to accept that there has ever been Jesus when nobody seems to have seen him

I saw him loitering at the Gas-n-Sip last week - sober!!  ROFLMAO

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »

I saw him loitering at the Gas-n-Sip last week - sober!!  ROFLMAO
This guy doesn't count:

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

But seriously, it takes mounds of corroborating evidence to respectfully assert the existence of Galileo or even woolly mammoths.  How can we possibly rest assured that some alleged carpenter/messiah/only son of God (whoever the Hell HE is) was more than myth when the only supporting "evidence" is a religious text? 

I'd LOVE to be wrong, Cache.  Please direct me to any reputable historical account of Jesus of Nazareth.  Something as reliable as Websters or the Macy's catalog would do  ROFLMAO

OMFG Great pic kurdt!!!  That's change I can embrace  ROFLMAO

kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 12:58:39 AM »

But seriously, it takes mounds of corroborating evidence to respectfully assert the existence of Galileo or even woolly mammoths.  How can we possibly rest assured that some alleged carpenter/messiah/only son of God (whoever the Hell HE is) was more than myth when the only supporting "evidence" is a religious text? 

I'd LOVE to be wrong, Cache.  Please direct me to any reputable historical account of Jesus of Nazareth.  Something as reliable as Websters or the Macy's catalog would do  ROFLMAO
But luckily most of the people don't require actual prove to follow something blindly. Thank God we have great men like Pope Benedict guiding people with the power of christ.

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »

I don't believe in Mother Nature, but we all know what that name means, and we
understand the power that Mother Nature sometimes unleashes; hurricanes, etc.

It would be silly to debate Her existance.  We would be debating just a name,
since we all know that the thing behind the name does exist.

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I am certain that the Christmas spirit exists.

I can feel it, but I can not prove it.

When younger, I participated in a few teams.  I felt the team spirit, but I can not prove it existed.

So, put aside for a moment the names "God" and "Jesus", and answer me, is there a spirit of the universe?

Bompa
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:43:36 AM by Bompa » Logged

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 03:03:02 AM »

So, put aside for a moment the names "God" and "Jesus", and answer me, is there a spirit of the universe?
No. There's the dark matter that's expanding the universe and that's the big unknown thing right now but that's hardly a spirit. All these heavens, spirits, gods and stuff like that become ridiculous ideas when you study astrology basics. And I mean what's astrology basics NOW, not what you were taught in school. In a nutshell, concepts of god, heaven, hell, spirits, etc. just doesn't make any sense what so ever with the knowledge we have today. Yet I'm still amazed when I see some space fanatic who's also religious fanatic. That's oxymoron.

I think the final question is what caused "the big bang". Are we all really invisible part of some alien race's lab experiment or what? When you start to study how universe works, you realize that size is inrelevant and we truly are nothing in the universe. To take the point home, if one star (star as our sun) would be one grain of sand, the whole earth doesn't have enough sand to illustrate how many stars there is in the universe. Now think about that and think how much does earth and human race matter Cheesy And we really could exist only in somebody's snowflake like in The Grinch story. It's all matter of how we perceive time and that's completely based on our gravity. Did you know that when you are in the top level of very tall skyscraper, time actually goes slower for you, proven fact. Of course it's really insignificant amount for us but it proves that gravity controls time perception and that means that what is 10000 years to us, could be 1 milliseconds to the world where our snowflake is dropping.

Little bit off the point there but the more I study astrology, more funnier I find all the problems and beliefs human race has. All it takes is one asteroid to wipe out all of us and guess what, nobody won't even notice let alone care that we are gone.

Here's a cool thing few people think about. Everybody knows that sunlight we see is 8 minutes old. That means when you look at the sun, you are looking 8 minutes into the past. And when you look at the stars, what you actually see is many million years old image of the sky, probably older than earth actually. So every time you look at the night sky, you are looking at the time where earth doesn't even exist yet. Remember that stars are millions of lightyears way so it actually takes millions of lightyears for that light to reach us. It's really funny that sci-fi stories like Star Trek etc. got most of the concepts right like space time bending, jumps, etc. that we now know are very much possible in theory... it's the practical part we are still struggling with Wink

P.S. Since this is so anti-religious discussion already, I have to add that in my opinion people should understand that people get relief and hope when they belief in something. It can be a rock, wooden stick, Jesus, Buddha, whatever. The point is that if you believe in something and you feel it's right and you get something out of it, please do so. But to argue that everybody should believe, that's ridiculous and if you want to do that, you better be prepared to get this kind of stuff when other people defend their beliefs. If you are not willing to accept that other people might not get the same effect from your target of belief, then it's frankly retarded.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:19:58 AM by kurdt » Logged

Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 03:46:20 AM »

No. There's the dark matter that's expanding the universe and that's the big unknown thing right now but that's hardly a spirit. All these heavens, spirits, gods and stuff like that become ridiculous ideas when you study astrology basics. And I mean what's astrology basics NOW, not what you were taught in school. In a nutshell, concepts of god, heaven, hell, spirits, etc. just doesn't make any sense what so ever with the knowledge we have today. Yet I'm still amazed when I see some space fanatic who's also religious fanatic. That's oxymoron.

@kurdt,

Ok, so you're a science/astrology/logic fanatic; that's cool.

Imo, the best scientists are those with an open mind.  A mind that thinks "We'll go on this premise,
but, anything's possible.", rather than a mind that rigidly focuses on the current "laws".

But anyways, I was referring more to an experience than a belief or concept.

Bompa
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:48:15 AM by Bompa » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript