The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 07:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or are things more and more fucked up every day?  (Read 3212 times)
KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »

I just saw this video and it was a major WTF moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpO1QFMDtM

Seems like every day in the news there's something new that's crazier than the last. 

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »

lol

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

People have always been "fuked", just now days you can hear their fuked up views.
That is why I like lurking on various FB pages where the kooks hang out.
Honestly you wonder if they even live on the same planet as you do.
Literally they seem to have no idea about history, geography the difference between capitalism and communism.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »

i dunno. at this point i might side with the nutbag governor.
Why not. Fuck it.

Nothing works correctly right now in this country anyway. Nothing is moving forward. Why not just let one guy make all the decisions.

Can we elect a temporary dictatorship?
At least "something" will happen.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »

Well Dubya said it best: "A dictatorship is great. So long as the dictator is me."

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:11:36 PM »

Everyone should read 1984.  Well, since not all conservatives are stupid but most stupid people are conservative, conservatives should first learn to read then read 1984.  It's not about big brother watching all the time but the shock doctrine of constantly being at "war" with one bad guy or another.  Or having some continual crisis to leverage thereby enabling unthinkable crimes against humanity (see torture is good - Dubbya).  We're fear-puppets working hard to provide perpetual debauchery and power for the rich and the elite.

@nutballs I'm sorry but you should know better, lest you're just being sarcastic.  Complacency on the part of those who can at least read is perhaps a greater crime than the terrible behavior of the ignorant 

See the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

It is more complex then that.
The printing press,radio and TV revolutionized things.
But it was 1 way media.
So for a simplified example there would be 3 media outlets.
A rich investors newspaper,middle class one and a working class one.
And to start a media outlet was very expensive.
So this had a tendency to make people's ideas more uniform.

The internet has changed that.
Anyway silly idea I have, I can find a group of people who agree with my ideas.
And they reinforce their thinking. So they will only read articles which agree with them.
As a result things are getting more fragmented.

Thing are also more complex and specialized.
A classic example is the nuclear disaster in Japan.
From the information given, I do not know what is happening this might be because they are withholding some.
But with things like nuclear physics, unless you are a nuclear scientists, none of us can make proper decisions on this subject.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 06:44:14 AM »

Oh boy, you guys are so fucked D'oh!

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »

@nutballs I'm sorry but you should know better, lest you're just being sarcastic.  Complacency on the part of those who can at least read is perhaps a greater crime than the terrible behavior of the ignorant 

See the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo

Pfffft. I see your claim of complacency and raise you a meh.

Of course I'm not serious. Well at least not 100 percent.

The problem is that I look around and see how ignorant people have been come, mostly for the sake of it. They are not actually, just like to not bother. One issue is that most people refuse to accept the axiom, we learn through failure.
You don't know how to actually ride a bike, until you take off the training wheels, sure. But thats not the end of it. You don't know how well you can ride a bike until you have fallen when pushing your limit. If all you ever do is ride in a straight line, at 10mph, without ever braking or turning, do you know how to ride a bike?

So... To my point. The people of this country are riding a bike that has not changed direction or slowed down (much) for decades. A couple scary moments of a bee landing on our hand, but nothing big. We now are at a curve, but don't yet know how to turn and are falling. No one in this country knows how to turn. The only way we will learn is by crashing into the tree in front of us, or falling. Pain=discovery and thus education. There are many in this country who believe there is a third choice, learn how to fly. What they forget is, when you have been traveling a straight line, you have to steer upwards to fly.

So. I vote meh. Let's hits the fucking tree head on, full speed, and let the Fucktards who aren't wearing helmets suffer brain damage. The rest of us will revolt, for the people, not for ourselves like the tea party.

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »

>Oh boy, you guys are so fucked

Ditto

@nuts - I totally agree with the principle of which you speak and contrary to my "leftist leanings" am 100% in favor of letting the natural process of learning by failing, pain and basic trial and error happen.  This is one of those moments where our amnesia of past failings is killing us.  We've already fallen off the proverbial bike along with the rest of the world resulting in things like nop 90

More recently and more similarly for us we permitted the "Patriot" Act.  The complacency we showed toward this horrific bill, with continued indifference displayed by 50% of us, that went into law is an absolute disgrace.  The same complacency is being shown with the dismantling of our rights and freedoms.  Freedoms are never given, only fought for, and those who would trade freedoms for security will lose both and deserve neither.

The "bike" I think we need to fall off of will simply get more advanced training wheels by this measure.  We're essentially digging ourselves in deeper into the hole of "I can't do anything for myself, please take my freedoms and decide everything for me."

And yes, a revolution will be necessary if we ever plan on recovering our human rights, freedoms and liberties.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript