The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting TOS - migraine!  (Read 2096 times)
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »

7a.) Resource Usage
User may not: a) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds

7b.) INODES
The use of more then 50,000 INODES will result in account suspension. Accounts found exceeding 50,000 INODES will not be backed up on our backup servers. A INODE is the actual file or directory and not the size of that file or directory. For example your index.html file is 1 INODE. A directory called homework is counted as 1 INODE as well.

I was looking at some hosting that someone suggested cuz they charge by the number of class C IPs that
you order.  (It is hosting, not VPS tho, weird.)

Anyways, I was wondering how much resources would be available for one of my road-rage
type of apps Cheesy

This shit about inodes gives me a headache.  I guess it just means that I can not have more
than 50,000 directories and files, total, on my entire account.

Am I reading that right?

http://www.seohosting.com/tos.php

Otherwise, not a bad deal on class Cs

Bomps

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »

I've seen a TOS similar to that before, Bomps.  I believe that it's there so they can boot you if they feel a need.

Disc storage is so cheap that a 50 gig platter is pocket change (relative, of course), so the inode stuff is prolly just stuff.

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

yes bomps, that's exactly what that clause says.

Any file system gets bogged down as the number of files increases, because the directory/catalog/indicies (if any) start to bloat and slow down the entire box. A record in a database does not take up an inode (only 3 inodes 1 for the table and 2 more for index and helper files) ... so a million page spam site fed from a DB would be perfectly acceptable Wink

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

ok thanks.

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript