The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 02:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google pissing match. im gonna lose but its fun.  (Read 1726 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »

So i just started trying out buying amazon product ads on adwords. This is just an experiment, that obviously went immediately in the crapper. 
utilizing my existing stuff, which drives to an amazon associate-o-matic site, i was going to drives ads there.

i didnt even get out the gate...
ROFLMAO

They claim "bridge page", and that is not allowed. LOL. wtf is shopping.com then???!??! Or 90% of the ads on google for that matter?

Interesting...

Using my landing page as a reference at: http://mysite.com/landingpage
I would appreciate if you can tell me what about my page is any different than the landing pages of your other advertisers for the same exact key phrase, as follows:
http://www.somesite.com
http://www.someothersite.com
http://www.someevenothersite.com

I would love to understand the difference. Because quite frankly, Im not seeing it. Those other landing pages do actually display the product being looked for, but also display about a dozen unrelated items... ah ha! Is it that my site is not spammy enough to be considered good enough quality? Since after all, I provide the visitor with results for the product that were actually looking for based on the ad they clicked. That must be it... I would be happy to add nonsensical products to the landing page display. Maybe some ads for credit repair as well?

It makes ZERO SENSE.

So.

Please.

If you cannot actually make any sense, and explain why those sites, 1 of which even uses the SAME EXACT SOFTWARE as me, are allowed, while I am considered to be unsuitable, then refund my money and close my account. I will advertise with facebook and microsoft.

Thank you. And i look forward to hearing another canned response. Please press a different button within your auto-responder system, since I would prefer to not see the same exact text markov'd again.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

boy oh boy!, I guess you told them!

Wink

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »

Mr. Burns: Smithers, is it wrong to cheat in order to win a million dollar bet?
Smithers: Yes, sir.
Mr. Burns: Let me rephrase that. Is it wrong if *I* cheat in order to win a million dollar bet?
Smithers: No, sir. Who would you like killed?
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:56 PM »

lol. its not like i dont know its pointless. I was tempted to inform them that I was only trying to give them back some of the XXXXXXX dollars i took from them during adsense farming.

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »

I actually find it hilarious.
In the past people/organizations would attempt to hide their hypocrisy.
And when the "Age of Enlightenment" came along, there where created "truths", as in the shortest distance between two points is a line, etc.
I swear we are going backwards and entering an "Age of Stupidity".
Particularly amusing is FB groups, especially tea backer ones where literally they contradict themselves in their own statements or articles.
It honestly makes you wonder how far you can push the stupidity envelope. That is mainly my problem, I always want to test that limit.

Post your story on some stupid pro-google forum, and watch the idiots say why the other big guys are right and you are wrong.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »

So i got back almost the same response. But asking for screenshots in addition this time.

So... i respond.
Since you are going to keep pressing the same canned-response button, over and over, I am going to keep asking the same, single, all important question.

HOW IS MY LANDING PAGE ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE 3 EXAMPLES OF OTHER SITES I PROVIDED?

They each do same exact thing.
They forward users to amazon.
And they all do this from ads that are even now, running on google.com, when you search for "buy some product".
I do not need to attach a screen shot.
I do not need to

But the one search term that I happened to decide to target first and now provide as an example ( buy some product ) is irrelevant. 3 out of ten ads, if not more, for any term on google, seem to land on this kind of site, so I was under the impression it is allowed. Afterall, why is it ok for thousands of your advertisers to do this, but not me? It can't be personal obviously, but there must be some thing I am missing? Bribes? Blackmail? I don't get it.

Obviously you need to enforce your ad standards. I fully agree with, encourage, and of course want to comply. However, the cryptic response of saying im a bridge page, does not jive when the definition is compared against a large percentage of your existing advertisers.

Oh.... I know... I need to start cloaking to google's review IPs, because that must be what those guys are doing since google seems to think they are following the rules. Its the only thing that makes sense. So, OK. I will take a couple of days to set up an IP cloak that will make my site look like it has kick-ass reviews (just dont actually read them because they will be written by my 3 year old), a few arbitrary banner ads (which i will get from commission junction, or maybe just fake them up real quick), and sprinkle in some other useless non-sequitur product photos that will be sure to confuse, and then I will resubmit the site for review. Does that sound like a plan you guys can get behind? Wink twice if thats what I should do.

I understand its NOT YOU specifically, and you are just following policy. But under the facade of "dont be evil" there is a level of disinformation and ambiguity that has to be called to attention. The cheaters move forward, the rule followers get trampled. There is no other way to actually believe it to be. I have heard too many stories of similarly ambiguous "we dont like you, dont advertise here" rejections, for it to not be either arbitrary to create the appearance of rules, or engineered to force cheating.

Look, i would be happy to comply if only i could know what the actual infringement is, or how to actually fix it. Bridge pages are obviously allowed because any affiliate that has a custom landing page that refers onto the end retailer, is a Bridge Page. So thats just a bogus supposition. Is it something as simple as changing the button on my page from saying "buy from amazon" to "learn more"Huh?

Try button number 7 on the response drop down. I would like to see what that one says.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript