The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 01:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Give a man a fish... and make it illegal to teach fishing  (Read 1430 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100118/0300547791.shtml

There are those who think that making knowledge scarce, including criminalising private citizens owning and controlling their own communications technology, is the only way to make it possible to pay authors/inventors for their important contributions to society. This ignores all the experience and research to the contrary. Whether you believe this or not, you must admit that deliberately making knowledge scarce and thus more expensive greatly harms the interests of the worlds poor.

And there you have it - the hidden agenda.  "Intellectual Property" laws harm the world's poor just like closed source does.  Music is arguably less damaging than software is.  However, have you ever considered how we intellectually starve impoverished millions while carrying the banner of defending the poor, helpless artists?  When you produce copyrighted material, you are literally harming the defenseless "have nots" in a roundabout way.  Actually understanding how this happens and tracing the harm all the way back to its source is extremely difficult to do, and big business banks on it. 

Big business knows damn well that regardless of the few whackos out here that study, research and finally see through their game, it's designed with too many layers for the majority of people to see what's really happening.  To further reinforce this sham, challenging many of these layers is heresy in the Western world.  If you don't back off with your unpatriotic, anti-capitalist questioning then I'll pull the helpless artist card on you and hopefully then you'll finally shut yer pie hole.  People act independently and reinforce this game with good intentions.  This is just another aspect of the manufacture of consent that contemporary "free" societies require to function.  Even challenging the existence of the manufacture of consent causes people to break out into hives and go Fox News on you.

Indeed. It's a scary world when people think that locking up naturally abundant information and knowledge somehow makes sense. All it does is lock away a natural resource that can be used at no cost to make the world a better place.

Idea...

Well said  Applause

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

Good book to read is "economic hitman".
Basically foriegn aide is used to prop up dictators and the elite classes of 3rd world countries.

To further reinforce this sham, challenging many of these layers is heresy in the Western world.  If you don't back off with your unpatriotic, anti-capitalist questioning then I'll pull the helpless artist card on you and hopefully then you'll finally shut yer pie hole.  People act independently and reinforce this game with good intentions.  This is just another aspect of the manufacture of consent that contemporary "free" societies require to function.  Even challenging the existence of the manufacture of consent causes people to break out into hives and go Fox News on you.

This is where asia and the west differs greatly.
This is what westerners can not clue in. No matter how strict the law is in lets say communist china.
No one follows the law  ROFLMAO

In asia, regimes come and go. Laws change etc.
But "family" always stays Smiley
So everything is "family", which can number in PH up to 300-1000 members.
Every family has a clan leader (which can be a patriarch, or a matriarch)
Of course some of the family members are police,army etc.
So .... Wink
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:11:59 PM »

Good book to read is "economic hitman".
Basically foriegn aide is used to prop up dictators and the elite classes of 3rd world countries.

It's a great book.  It's scary but damn I wish it was a commonly recommended book in schools as opposed to other "classics" that preserve the warped and modified view of history we the "educated" westerners are supposed to read. 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:27:51 PM »

Preserve the warped and modified view of history we the "educated" westerners are supposed to read. 

I am pretty sure with people's powers of self delusion, they somehow still would manage to warp and twist it  ROFLMAO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript