The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Father! The Sleeper has awakened!  (Read 2734 times)
jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:28:59 PM »

Aloha from the shadows!  I'm notorious for simply lurking boards for information, but now feel as though I need to come out and say Thank You.  I've gleaned tremendous amounts of information from this site and owe many of you regulars my heart-felt thanks.  As recently as last night/this morning I was able to use some of the file-parsing ideas in PHP to generate phone reports from my father-in-laws VOIP switch.  (#!.../php?  Who'd of thunk? )

In particular, I need to thank Perk for reaching out to me to share some really cool DC stuff he's been able to pull off - and it reminded me of many "worm-ingested" evenings in the '80's (Perk will have to fill in if you're interested).

Additionally, while it's probably safe to assume none of you know me, I feel as though I know those of you who post here regularly.  I love your willingness to assist all of us noob's, and the technical world is a much better place because each of you are in it.

So from the shadows I say "Thank You."

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »

Aloha from the shadows!  I'm notorious for simply lurking boards for information, but now feel as though I need to come out and say Thank You.  I've gleaned tremendous amounts of information from this site and owe many of you regulars my heart-felt thanks.  As recently as last night/this morning I was able to use some of the file-parsing ideas in PHP to generate phone reports from my father-in-laws VOIP switch.  (#!.../php?  Who'd of thunk? )
Oooog, back into phones are we? Thought you'n I'd had enough of those in the 90s...

In particular, I need to thank Perk for reaching out to me to share some really cool DC stuff he's been able to pull off - and it reminded me of many "worm-ingested" evenings in the '80's (Perk will have to fill in if you're interested).
Vomit

Oh, sorry. Memories just got a little too vivid for a moment.

Additionally, while it's probably safe to assume none of you know me, I feel as though I know those of you who post here regularly.  I love your willingness to assist all of us noob's, and the technical world is a much better place because each of you are in it.

So from the shadows I say "Thank You."
Praise Graciousness doesn't come any finer.
You're welcome, and welcome here. It's been too long.

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »

No prob. I know people just need to bask in my greatness every now and again.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »

No prob. I know people just need to bask in my greatness every now and again.

Oh yeah man, that's DEFINITELY it.  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript