The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 12:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explaining The Innovator's Dilemma... In Two Minutes With A Whiteboard  (Read 1059 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »

Simple, clear and concise.  It reminds me of so many internal IT roadblocks to fundamental change.  Have to use VB, must rely on mainframe, needs to be in Rails, etc.  Currently leveraging the World Wide Computer in favor of building it in-house or relying on someone's custom solution seems to be the most common roadblock IMO. 

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091116/2307256958.shtml

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:45:29 PM »

Yeah... Guy Kawasaki talks about this too when he says that it's very rare, almost unheard that when evolution happens the current big companies evolve. They just can't evolve because they are so successful in the old ways.

And this is what's going to happen to a lot of big web companies in the near future. The "sad" thing is that this is going to happen in a lot faster pace than it happens in the "real-world" so many of the companies that are big today are not going to be big very long. Or they continue to be big but they will adapt themselves as service companies that work with new innovations like IBM did. And I think that's smart. When you can't keep up with the youngsters, reorganize as service company and take all the service business in the new innovations by using your existing brand as reliable provider and existing customer base.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript