The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 09:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still get a thrill?  (Read 2912 times)
dink
Expert

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

Ya.  It's about coding, so you can move on now you pervs.

Do you still get a thrill when your current project comes together and produces the results you wanted?

Or, are you so far advanced that you only get aroused (heh) when something doesn't work?

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:30:27 PM »

im probably more towards the later. I used to think it was cool when i could accomplish something. now i kind of think its cool when i can't, at least in my language of choice. then to figure it out.

thats partly why I tend to take on projects of fixing other peoples code. its more of a challenge than just grinding out the solution. I used to be interested in my projects until about the 90-95% point. now, im interested to about the 5% mark... LOL its gotten really bad since midway through my last employment, and now im damaged forever. I like the planning and architecture and design aspects, but man, the code is just a grind now.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »

I get the thrill when my users go "This is so easy!" Means I did the architecture part right.
I live for the dream, endure the code, and get satisfied when it goes into production.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »

I'm still excited by the code, sometimes at the expense of the actual project ;-)

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 08:21:08 AM »

'hello world' excites me.

Cheesy

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
KaptainKrayola
Keeper of Pie
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 09:50:49 AM »

the kaptain enjoys the idea and planning phases but having to actually code the systems are a pain.  the exception being when the idea presents a challenge (or perceived challenge) as far as coding goes but once the challenge has been beaten the rest is just a pain

the Kaptain will get excited sometimes with new languages and figuring out how to do things in them that he takes for granted in ones he is already good at.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript