The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copyright exceptions for the blind? HELL no!!!  (Read 808 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100625/0111289958.shtml

Late last year, the Obama administration surprised a lot of us by going against the entertainment industry's wishes, and saying it actually supported the treaty's exceptions for the blind. I later heard from some folks who were a part of those discussions, who said it was actually a pretty heated battle among different camps within the administration to get it to support such a minor exception to copyright law, as the "usual suspects" were putting a lot of pressure on the administration to hold the line against any copyright exceptions.

Yet this is what we as Americans ultimately stand for:

"The United States is committed to both better exceptions in copyright law and better enforcement of copyright law," Hughes said. "Indeed, as we work with countries to establish consensus on proper, basic exceptions within copyright law, we will ask countries to work with us to improve the enforcement of copyright. This is part and parcel of a balanced international system of intellectual property."   ROFLMAO

Did he just say balanced and intellectual property in an international context? Isn't he an American?? Balance to the lions! More for America, less for the rest  Devilish

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript