The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copy/paste with regular expressions  (Read 1099 times)
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2009, 04:24:26 AM »

I just realized that it's really annoying that basic text editors like TextMate don't offer option to select all regexed lines and then copy them into clipboard. It would make my life so much easier. You could just do http://(.*) and grab all urls from text document.

The more I think about this, the more I'm starting to believe that something like this must exist already. Is there a function like this in TextMate or some other text editor? I would even go so far for this that I would start Windows in WMWare if the feature is available in some Windows program.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »

Any editor that offers scripting abilities, would not be too hard to do.
Only editor that comes to mind off top of my head is jedit, but even with komodo you should be able to do it if u make extension.
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 05:20:51 AM »

I've been using UltraEdit for years and it can do that easy, but it's $50 I think.

I also heard that TextPad can do it.

Bompa

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript