The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLICK HERE!  (Read 1183 times)
Bompa
Administrator
Lifer

Where does this show?

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »

A few years ago, I learned that if I told people to "CLICK HERE", many of them would.

Nowadays, "click here" is considered lame or spammy, but it still works.

This short article covers some other ways to use language to get action from a visitor.

http://www.dustincurtis.com/you_should_follow_me_on_twitter.html

The result of switching to a command is pretty remarkable; the clickthrough rate jumped by 55% to 7.31%.

As a side note, I also found that using a lower case t for Twitter in this phrase and the ones below (but, for some reason, not the first one) led to a slightly higher rate of clicks (up to 6% more). I cant really think of any rational reason for this except that a lowercase t makes the phrase look more like an uninterrupted sentence.

"The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical..." - Albert Einstein
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »

thanks bombs
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »

Cheers Bomps

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:26:04 PM »

How true. This reminds me of one of my pissing contests with amazon. They banned me for redirecting surfers, I said sorry and showed a product page the user had to click. After reinstatement, I added a big ass button that said either "click to return to google" or "click for alternatives" depending on a random value. Let's just say my click through rate went apeshit. And of course got me permabanned, but not before truly learning the power of dumb.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript